It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 03:40

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shrine Maiden Shaorin♥
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2018, 15:19 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

here's a reworking of the Miko costume that came with the first Anime character doll i had ever gotten online,
the TSUKUDA HOBBY Sakura Wars "Sakura Shinguji" i got used/incomplete from an EBAY auction back around 2007.

being a very early TSUKUDA HOBBY Chara Doll, with the awful-looking 1st version of their 1/5ish doll body design,
- and, with an equally bad-looking, undersized head sculpt to match - Sakura wasn't much to shout about herself,
however, her Japanese Shrine Maiden costume was very nice all the same, and, with some added lace and a pair of Tabi Socks made from scratch to match,
the costume translated over to my TSUKUDA HOBBY Mamotte Shugogetten "Shaorin Shichiri"
- one of T. HOBBY's last, and best, Anime Dolls from their short-lived "Full Action Doll Series" 1996/1999 chara doll line - quite well indeed;

- Rework for Shaorin -

-Original Sakura Doll -

Post subject: Re: Shrine Maiden Shaorin♥
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 10:24 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

The makeover is quite nice, you've pulled quite the feat! It really conveys the graphic style of 90s anime.
By the way, the sculpting style reminds me of some sort of ancestor to the Dollfie dolls.

Post subject: Re: Shrine Maiden Shaorin♥
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2018, 18:34 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Funny you should mention Ancestors to the VOLKS "Super Dollfie" line; To Heart HMX-12 "Multi" (VOLKS Dollfie Series)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]