It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:11

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 00:21 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

No nothing to do with Inglorious Ba$tard$ scalping :mrgreen: but I came across this video and there are plenty more like this that use Apple Cider Vinegar for dry scalps and a lot of people have these issues and for those who don't I wish I had your scalp.

How To: Say Goodbye to a Dry, Itchy Scalp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rlk9_mG ... re=related

I'm still sceptical as if it would work and might take a week or two but its the smell everyone says about it that is kinder putting me off and I wouldn't be surprised if products we buy have lemon or what ever to mask the real smell of it. I have no worries spending under £3.00 for Head & Shoulders but by the time I used it up and have to spend out another under £3.00 it soon mounts up. Well I've been using it for a while and I'll try this Apple Cider Vinegar, I've seen its for sale in the UK on eBay and no doubt shops I just never heard the name "Apple Cider Vinegar" before I have heard of Vinegar that I use on Fish & Chips but not on hair.

I have to hold out till next week until I have enough even for the cheapest with free postal some have postal prices others are free. I have to use the H&S until I start climbing and bouncing off the walls. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 00:34 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Cider vinegar is a very versatile product. Traditionally associated with marinades and dressings it can also be used for cleaning your hair very gently.
I grew my hair really long for about 4 years. Conventional shampoo's tend to be very harsh on your hair particularly if you use them every day, especially on long hair.
So I opted to try cider vinegar in dilute form. It worked really well without removing the natural oil from the scalp - far better than any shampoo and so much cheaper.
You can get in places like Holland & Barrett.

So whether you have long hair or no hair at all it is a very useful product.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 00:52 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

The pH of vinegar is very low and will severely damage your hair if you use it in undiluted form. Cut it at least in half with water or a baby shampoo. Also, don't wash your hair every day - 2-3 times a week is enough. If you need to style it everyday, just wet it down or use a light spray in conditioner.

Believe it or not, I'm a licensed cosmetologist - I got my license in 1991 and was the hair color teacher and sales rep for Sebastian International and later for Clairol's pure-tone Logics hair color Line (which is now owned by L'Oreal). I took so many classes and was certified in so many companies product lines that when I had to quit due to my back injury, I was devastated. Luckily, I had always been an LaserDisc collector and video fan since we owned a video rental store, so I moved to film projection until I couldn't do that anymore and had to go on permanent Social Security Disability in 2005.

I still keep up with the cosmetology world and have kept my license so I can buy pro products that can't be sold to unlicensed people.

So, if you have hair questions, ask me. I'm always willing to help out.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 01:05 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
Cider vinegar is a very versatile product. Traditionally associated with marinades and dressings it can also be used for cleaning your hair very gently.
I grew my hair really long for about 4 years. Conventional shampoo's tend to be very harsh on your hair particularly if you use them every day, especially on long hair.
So I opted to try cider vinegar in dilute form. It worked really well without removing the natural oil from the scalp - far better than any shampoo and so much cheaper.
You can get in places like Holland & Barrett.

So whether you have long hair or no hair at all it is a very useful product.

Well that's good enough for me to read, cheers.

Yes the prices seem fair and I would use a conditioner afterwards to give my hair some nice smell rather than having someone say is that Vinegar I can smell? :lol:

I want something that would work and take my mind off the itchy dry scalp. Often a good nights sleep helps when your in deep sleep mode you never seem to notice it until you wake up and start itching and picking at it.

Glad its worked for you. :)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 01:10 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

disclord wrote:
The pH of vinegar is very low and will severely damage your hair if you use it in undiluted form. Cut it at least in half with water or a baby shampoo. Also, don't wash your hair every day - 2-3 times a week is enough. If you need to style it everyday, just wet it down or use a light spray in conditioner.

Believe it or not, I'm a licensed cosmetologist - I got my license in 1991 and was the hair color teacher and sales rep for Sebastian International and later for Clairol's pure-tone Logics hair color Line (which is now owned by L'Oreal). I took so many classes and was certified in so many companies product lines that when I had to quit due to my back injury, I was devastated. Luckily, I had always been an LaserDisc collector and video fan since we owned a video rental store, so I moved to film projection until I couldn't do that anymore and had to go on permanent Social Security Disability in 2005.

I still keep up with the cosmetology world and have kept my license so I can buy pro products that can't be sold to unlicensed people.

So, if you have hair questions, ask me. I'm always willing to help out.

Oh, that's not good and given its 2012 a lot of bad luck things are now in motion this year. Sod it I might screw it up and last thing I want is damaged hair I have full head of hair and last thing I want is hair loss.

Cheers I'll grim and bear it with products off the self or consult my GP. Its a good thing I read your post otherwise I could see worst case, hair falling out. :( sorry about your job or back issue it happens to most of us.

Well grey hair :lol: I came down with it in 1995 overnight I was pushing myself and over stressed no doubt doing some work for my dad and some things made me nervous or uncomfortable and I also have psoriasis since 1983 that I have had to live with even at this very moment now.

I have the stuff for treating it its the stuff for the hair I used to use a coconut oil for the hair and that was okay I didn't mind it one bit but have kinder of drifted away from it since early 2000's.

I could ask the GP and get some...okay long story short my scalp wasn't as bad as it was now, say late of last year its ether come up in rash of sort over the last few months and its, well one of those things. sigh... It feels like I had superglue pored into my hair that's how it feels tight like when you get the stuff on your fingertips it takes days to wash it off! :thumbdown:

Cheers. :)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 01:34 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

To give an idea of what colour and the style it as at the moment which is caveman style, hey its coming back caveman! :mrgreen: below the hair bear is a bunch of dry itchy scalp with some traces of psoriasis so yeah every day is fun day at the beach, not. Now my cat doesn't have dry scalp even thou he itches a lot :lol: its the odd rogue flea that is being sorted but he might get a scabs were he's over scratched but never has dry skin. When I come back I want to be a cat. :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]