It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:01

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Raiders of the Lost Ark BBC3
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 21:41 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Playing on BBC 3 digital right now Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and with only about 35mins left picture is only slightly cropped its not at full 2.35:1 tight tv station. The audio is heavily compressed just by listening on the tiny Sony speakers.

Well I've switched it off now, that is I've switched back to pc mode. Its not really worth watching when I have it on Laserdisc and DVD and no doubt its been broadcaster for the up and coming bluray release later next month.

Okay just had another peek and its the uncut well it hasn't had "holy sh"t" been cut when played at earlier times its now 21:44 so it will be finished by 10:00pm.

Anyway I can't watch TV and view the pc at the same time even with PP picture and picture which is shame.

Post subject: Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark BBC3
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 00:12 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

BBC America is finally HD on Directv!!

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 00:31 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

What, you also have FreeView as well? Can you pick up BBC 3? I hardly watch films on the flat screen just seen a couple of mins of Syriana (2005) that's still playing on ITV 1 and an hour behind on ITV 1+ I then looked it up on youtube and saw last few seconds of George getting blown to smithereens but really wanted to find full film so I can skip to the end credits, really, really I'm serious and I couldn't even find that on youtube so I'll skip back to ITV 1 or 1+ later on providing I don't miss the end credits.

Film wise there has been really sod all on tonight, I've taken a week or more break from Laserdisc until the two items I bought turn up and then watch a few days of Laserdisc. I just can't stand TV. Films are never presented in correct aspect ratio, but if its crappy BBC 1 with production made in widescreen not scope just widescreen 16:9 or 1.66:1 or whatever I don't care, they see to it that its done right. But oh, when it comes to Raiders its not even in the full 2.35:1 scope, BBC are tight a$$ plus they run the end credits at whipping speeds with voice-over and that is annoying!

I never watch British soap shows or American sitcoms drama or even busters myth same goes with all British TV programs there isn't one single program other than STAR TREK that caters for my viewing. :thumbdown:

Edit: just viewed a few more mins of Syriana and its like watching The Bourne films the camera work and editing seems to have the same style.

I was thinking if you was on windows/webcam thing I could plug the TV into the webcam socket and send it across the pond since ITV doesn't share. But I don't have suitable lead but it would work not sure how great it would be mind you, all I can see on crappy digital pro TV is pixels all the time. I wish they kept with analouge I miss ghosting and waving lines. Trade one artefact for the other, is it really better? No its not.

Oh yeah the FreeView I have doesn't have HD or it is HD ready it just can't pick up HD broadcasts tight TV stations, you have to spend out no doubt for an extra box that I would most likely throw out the window the moment I see waxy pixel images on a film.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 01:01 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Syriana just finished on ITV 1 the end credits was played at warp x5! sigh see what mean? Waste of time watching TV digital or HD waste of time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]