It is currently 08 May 2024, 11:10

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: STAR TREK DVD signed by cast members
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 20:54 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I attended one of these STAR TREK or sci-fi ball conventions not far from me, at the The Carrington House Hotel Bournemouth around early February 2002.

After making a rant about how much each signing cost and I was pretty much broke at the time really £25.00 could be spent on shopping for food for 12 days. I felt that I spent something like £30 or £40.00 for the single one day as the ball was on for I think several days with cast members staying at the hotel or you could pay to stay there as well for a silly price in the £££hun :wtf: dreds!!! :crazy:

Marina Sirtis wasn't too understanding about her agent made an issue when I got in bad mood about it, then signed it for free.

Then George Takei signed not once but twice for free.

Then Robin Curtis she seemed understanding about its not like I knew and I paid for my single day pass to get in. Then I find out I get milked for a few seconds of pen waving across the DVD cover or someone paying for photo, mad! And I think she was studying to do law, as she mentioned why she's move into another line or profession?

Marina was not too pleased. So if happen to get her signing something just ask her if she remembers signing a British guys DVD for free in 2002.

£25.00 a signing. :thumbdown: I don't mind if its few pounds for a few seconds say £2.00 pounds with so many turning up they'll still easily walk away better off than me at the end of the day as I was skint!

Post subject: Re: STAR TREK DVD signed by cast members
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012, 14:04 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I think I only ever got one DVD signed. That would be Halloween 4 signed by Danielle Harris . . .

. . . only did that because I didn't have the Laserdisc yet. I have it now, so I'll probably get that signed by her at the next con I find her.

Dunno if I'll end up getting more DVDs signed. Guess I might have to for newer movies!

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012, 14:49 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Nothing wrong in getting a DVD signed but does it really devalue the item or simply say hands off! :mrgreen:

I doubt I find myself attending another convention its a lot of fun for the day out, only thing is, signing costs an arm and leg. :mrgreen:

That looks super cool I mean your cool mate, hand behind her for that once in once photo shot! I mean come on we see these performers on screen or stage and we like to thank them and that kinder goes a long away. ;)

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2012, 03:38 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You can blame that ebay guy for the prices. They are the ones that caused the price increase.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]