It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:26

Page 2 of 8 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post a picture with yourself
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 13:53 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I've posted a bunch of pics to show my "life" - I hope no one minds that I've posted so many pics.

Here's my most current pic that I took last October after I had bleached my hair and toned it silver - my hair is now back to its natural dark lead-colored brown and a lot longer with all the bleached silver cut off. From the pics you can see that I don't much like keeping my natural hair color. I think blue-black will be my next color.

The TV in the background is my Toshiba LCD which has been replaced recently with a 55 inch LG LCD LED lit 3D set.

Here's me 6 years ago - again, bleached hair.

And me 20 years ago with my mom - my hair had been bleached pure white but I colored it back to brown for the photo shoot.

Me and my sister - being a red head is fun.

Me and my partner at work as IMAX 15/70 projectionists.

My partner with adult film star Marilyn Chambers, taken when he was 17.

PostPosted: 17 May 2013, 10:45 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Nice colour changes. I prefer to keep my colour only had it coloured once and knew it won't last before roots grow and colour fades. Not worth the risk being owned by my hair at £26.00 each time. :mrgreen: I'd rather have a haircut at £8.50.

PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 13:25 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

laserbite34 wrote:
Nice colour changes. I prefer to keep my colour only had it coloured once and knew it won't last before roots grow and colour fades. Not worth the risk being owned by my hair at £26.00 each time. :mrgreen: I'd rather have a haircut at £8.50.

Thanks. When I bleach and tone my hair very light, like silver or white or Platinum, my hair is so dark that the roots start to show in about 48 hours and if I want to keep it the silver/white, etc, I have to retouch the roots about every 10 days, but that requires applying the bleach to the roots with a toothpick because if the bleach overlaps onto the previously bleached hair, it will break off there. Also, to get my hair those colors it has to be bleached so light (like the inside of a banana peel) that its so damaged it will only hold the new silver/white toner color for about 4 shampoos before it starts fading - plus, it picks up cigarette smoke and turns yellow, so I have to use purple shampoos and such. So I cut it short, bleach and tone it, then let it grow out and to hell with retouching it.

If I got the bleach and tone jobs done at a salon they would cost about $200 and up and retouches would be about $75 every 10 days. But I do it all myself and I've taught my partner how to apply color to my hair and also how to cut it. So my only expenses are product - I used to be a licensed cosmetologist - and specialized in color and bleaching - so I use only professional products, not store bought stuff which usually lags behind professional products by about five years in terms of the chemistry involved.

I find the chemistry of artificial hair color as fascinating as the technology of LaserDisc and such.

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 05:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

comon people, show yourselves to the LDDB crowd ................

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 00:51 
OK, found a couple more over the weekend. Had a couple of jobs in 1968. Worked for the county road department during the week and an "easy listening" radio station on the weekends. Yup, those are knobs on the board! And that was our new board. The old one was an RCA that looked like a mini coffin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachment:
kdnc.jpg
kdnc.jpg [ 18.42 KiB | Viewed 3565 times ]

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 00:55 
The Spokane County road department....

Attachment:
spokane county.jpg
spokane county.jpg [ 18.02 KiB | Viewed 3565 times ]

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 01:46 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

pretty amazing setup at that radio station.
but why didn't you use MP3s?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 01:57 
rein-o wrote:

That's pretty funny! Just turntables and tape cartridge decks (plus a couple, of RtoR). It was pretty wild. On one of the racks was a telephone rotary dial. This was how you "called" the transmitter to take measurements that had to go in the log. It's also how you started the transmitter in the morning and shut it off at night. The transmitter and tower were about 10 or 15 miles from the studio (which was in the lobby of a downtown hotel). If you had to use the bathroom you put on a long record, dashed out the door (locking it behind you) and made a mad dash to the second floor where the public bathrooms were located :x :x :x

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 06:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Thanks for posting your pics ldservice.......
What a rich life you have had sir !

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 16:02 
firehorse_44 wrote:

Thanks, but that sounds too much like an obituary :o Hopefully life isn't over yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 16:25 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

ldservice wrote:
rein-o wrote:

That's pretty funny! Just turntables and tape cartridge decks (plus a couple, of RtoR). It was pretty wild. On one of the racks was a telephone rotary dial. This was how you "called" the transmitter to take measurements that had to go in the log. It's also how you started the transmitter in the morning and shut it off at night. The transmitter and tower were about 10 or 15 miles from the studio (which was in the lobby of a downtown hotel). If you had to use the bathroom you put on a long record, dashed out the door (locking it behind you) and made a mad dash to the second floor where the public bathrooms were located :x :x :x

Had the "Muntz" 4-track cart not been adopted yet by radio stations when you were a DJ?

The Playtape corp tried to make inroads in the broadcast business but the fidelity of their super small endless loop carts was too low even for AM - they were also working on a version that recorded video and were trying to beat Cartrivision to the consumer market. Ugh! Imagine an endless loop videocassette!

I had a transcription turntable when I was a kid and it had a reverse mode for weird government dictaphone-type records that played from the inside out, like an LD - plus normal inside out playback. My dad got it for me from Kirkland AFB when they phased them out. The headshell was so heavy it would track any LP without jumping grooves.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 17:42 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

ldservice wrote:
firehorse_44 wrote:

Thanks, but that sounds too much like an obituary :o Hopefully life isn't over yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yikes, not my intention to imply you have cashed in your chips sir !
Buckets of memories still to come hopefully !
You seem like a young at heart person which is half the battle on the road to longevity !

Thanks to everyone for their pics, some wonderful surprises in this thread ..........

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 19:15 
disclord wrote:
ldservice wrote:
rein-o wrote:

Had the "Muntz" 4-track cart not been adopted yet by radio stations when you were a DJ?

The Playtape corp tried to make inroads in the broadcast business but the fidelity of their super small endless loop carts was too low even for AM - they were also working on a version that recorded video and were trying to beat Cartrivision to the consumer market. Ugh! Imagine an endless loop videocassette!

I had a transcription turntable when I was a kid and it had a reverse mode for weird government dictaphone-type records that played from the inside out, like an LD - plus normal inside out playback. My dad got it for me from Kirkland AFB when they phased them out. The headshell was so heavy it would track any LP without jumping grooves.

The carts we used were like the 4 track cartridges, no pressure roller in the catridge, pressure roller in the machine. They worked quite well.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 19:17 
firehorse_44 wrote:
ldservice wrote:
firehorse_44 wrote:

Yikes, not my intention to imply you have cashed in your chips sir !
Buckets of memories still to come hopefully !
You seem like a young at heart person which is half the battle on the road to longevity !

Thanks to everyone for their pics, some wonderful surprises in this thread ..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: My heart and brain think I'm 30 but my body refuses to agree :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2013, 04:19 
True fan
True fan

Grasshopper Having a little Fun :mrgreen:

Who is that MASK MAN :?:

Attachment:
P1020044.JPG
P1020044.JPG [ 255.33 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]

\../

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2013, 00:16 
grasshopper wrote:
Grasshopper Having a little Fun :mrgreen:

Who is that MASK MAN :?:

Attachment:
P1020044.JPG

\../

Masked man? NO.... Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPER DRUNKMAN!! Faster than a melting ice cube, able to leap a beer can in a single bound. A true american standing for truth, justice and beer for all :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2013, 03:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

hey, how can i get a shirt that's hanging on the wall there.
huey hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 03:46 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

i was wondering what ldservice, firehorse44 and laserbite34 looked liked...

firehorse kinda looks like bruce willis
ldservice kinda looks like either a young santa, my grandfather, or a movie santa.
laserbite kinda looks like syndrome from "the incredibles"

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 04:37 
elieb wrote:
i was wondering what ldservice, firehorse44 and laserbite34 looked liked...

firehorse kinda looks like bruce willis
ldservice kinda looks like either a young santa, my grandfather, or a movie santa.
laserbite kinda looks like syndrome from "the incredibles"

Santa???? WTF :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 04:40 
True fan
True fan

He didn't say what GRASSHOPPER LOOKED LIKE. LOL

Page 2 of 8 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next