It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:15

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sega Genesis Flashback HD
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 12:51 
True fan
True fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGIIzy-p6Dg

I am seriously considering getting one of these - mostly for the Phantasy Star and Shining Force games. (I have all the carts but the batteries are going to start being a problem if they aren't already.) And it will be nice if I ever get beyond a CRT. (I will have to get something to convert the HDMI to RCA - but those seem to be a lot cheaper than the other way. )

Post subject: Re: Sega Genesis Flashback HD
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 15:26 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Oh yippie, another clone console. We’re like two decades+ into these things and somehow people still get excited.

It’s interesting that clone consoles are now so prevelent and so old that they basically have their own “generations” like real consoles. I guess were in gen 4 or so maybe? I’m basing this on gen 1 being reverse engineered Famicoms, gen 2 being FOC, gen 4 being now (FPG) and gen 3 being whatever was between FOC and now, like spotty support for PCE, MD, etc.

I wanted to get the NES or SNES one for my kid since I don’t want him grow up thinking this phone crap is what a game is. Sadly hoarding gouging and flipping are far more of an American pastime than playing games so this has been impossible since they things hit the market over a year ago.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 19:17 
True fan
True fan

signofzeta wrote:
Oh yippie, another clone console. We’re like two decades+ into these things and somehow people still get excited.

I wanted to get the NES or SNES one for my kid since I don’t want him grow up thinking this phone crap is what a game is. Sadly hoarding gouging and flipping are far more of an American pastime than playing games so this has been impossible since they things hit the market over a year ago.

I can't say as I was doing the antler dance about this - I did find it refreshing that one of these things actually had enough top notch games on it to make it worth my considering purchasing. I am not waiting with baited breath or anything.

Unlike Nintendo, AtGames doesn't seem to be limiting their production numbers (hence the price inflation on the two Nintendo units) - in fact what initially got me interested was a large display of the two earlier versions for sale at Office Depot (of all places) that I saw yesterday - while seeing what was with them on the internet I found the info (by no means new) on the HD one. I doubt the HD version is going to be less plentiful.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 02:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hey, I still use my 16 Bit Sega console ....
Have a ton of games that appeal to this day ! The controllers are struggling a bit, may need to replace before the next decade begins lol ! ! !

My son just visited for a few weeks, I believe the sega got more use then the xbox one this time ! ! ! Not even joking !

Still a great system from back in the day ........

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 09:56 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:

You do realize that there are still video game consoles as well as gaming PCs around with plenty of games released every month? I believe it's a possibility that console games will die within the next ten years or so thanks to the decreased prices of higher end computer parts, which I honestly don't see as a major loss.

Lots of people are playing on their smartphones for sure, but the demand of PC games and video games are still high enough for the market to keep on going.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]