It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:16

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best place for info on upcoming physical movie releases?
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 00:18 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I want to build up my movie collection, and I want to be able to see a "Special Edition," or an "Anniversary Re-Release" of a movie coming down the pipe so I can be prepped to buy it the day it comes available. I am open to all forms of media, so whether its Blu-ray, standard DVD, or whatever, I have the capability to play it, but I want to know where to find a release schedule for this kind of stuff. Can anybody help?

Post subject: Re: Best place for info on upcoming physical movie releases?
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 00:23 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I use to look at digitalbits.com that might help some. Also you could look at blu-ray.com that should help as well.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 10:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I have found Amazon to be a good source. Right now, I have 2 movies on pre-order. I have paid for them and they will be shipped to me so that they will arrive on the release date. They are Leap and The Osiris Child. Just do a search on Amazon for the movie title you want.

An example is Blade Runner 2049. Here is the page that Amazon has for it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075DHS7JK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER. There is no release date yet. Amazon will take your name (so to speak) and ship it to you when the movie is released.

How many movie titles do you have? I am at 852 titles. I have movies on VHS, CED, VCD, HD-DVD, LD, DVD, BR, and UHD. formats.

Last edited by dumbchemist on 20 Nov 2017, 11:12, edited 1 time in total. _________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2017, 11:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

http://www.blu-ray.com/ is a good resource for Blu-Rays and UHD; cataloguing releases, upcoming releases and an active forum.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 01:11 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

dumbchemist wrote:
I have found Amazon to be a good source. Right now, I have 2 movies on pre-order. I have paid for them and they will be shipped to me so that they will arrive on the release date. They are Leap and The Osiris Child. Just do a search on Amazon for the movie title you want.

An example is Blade Runner 2049. Here is the page that Amazon has for it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075DHS7JK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER. There is no release date yet. Amazon will take your name (so to speak) and ship it to you when the movie is released.

How many movie titles do you have? I am at 852 titles. I have movies on VHS, CED, VCD, HD-DVD, LD, DVD, BR, and UHD. formats.

I have about 115 laserdiscs since I started collecting a few months ago, but other than that I have done alot of streaming over the last 10 years, and made copies of all my dvds I used to have and sold them off, which was probably around 500 or so of them. I am looking for limited release stuff that will be more obscure because I come from a video game collecting background where obscurity and condition is everything, even way over playability or enjoyability.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2017, 01:11 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Thanks for the opinions all! I will use them going forward.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]