It is currently 14 May 2024, 08:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneer Order
PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 21:45 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I place an order for a Pioneer remote months and it has been back order. I recieved a call recently that is saved on my viocemail. The problem is I can't understand the woman since the message drops and does not sound really clear so I didn't realize it was pioneer until I search the number. Its 310 952 2000 which is a Pioneer parts place. in the message told me to call back some number couldn't understand so I called Customer Service and it was experiencing a high volume. I would like to cancel this as I got the remote through other means. Should I call Customer Serivce or call back the 310 952 2000 and explain that someone called about my order?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer Order
PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 00:04 
Customer service is always busy, they handle the entire U.S. from the one branch. Best bet is to call the parts line with your order number to try and cancel...

PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 15:44 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Got a pretty fun story about contacting Pioneer Service.

INITIAL EMAIL TO PIONEER USA
Hello, I have a Japanese Laserdisc player (CLD-R7G) and was wondering if it was at all possible to order a replacement remote control for this unit through you? The model # for the remote is CU-CLD150 Do let me know!

---------
I contacted them first because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be buying the unit from them either way, since that's the way it worked when I ordered a part for a Japanese unit before. Instead . . .

RESPONSE FROM PIONEER USA
Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc. USA

Please contact Pioneer Electronics Corporation in Japan for inquiries regarding your product.

Consumer Electronics/Software: webmaster@post.pioneer.co.jp

Industrial Electronics: omr_tsc@post.pioneer.co.jp

General Inquiry: webmaster@post.pioneer.co.jp

Thank You,

Sally
Parts Sales Representative

---------
So I was a little annoyed, but I still chuckled a bit since I knew I'd be getting back in touch with her again. So I send off a similar email to the initial one including that Pioneer USA referred me to them, and sooooooo . . .

RESPONSE FROM PIONEER USA AGAIN
Japan has referred you back to us here in the United States to place your
order.

The part number to order for the remote for model CLD-R7G is VXX2541.

The cost is $74.00 plus shipping & handling, sales tax may also apply depending on what state you're in.
This is a special order as are ordering direct with Japan and all sales will be final. Once ordered we should have stock in approx. 2 weeks.

You may order with, Visa, Master Card, check or money order.
Please call me direct to place your order at 800-421-1640 x2336 Mon-Friday
6:30am - 3:00pm PST.

Thank you
Sally
Pioneer Electronics Service Inc.

---------

Hope nobody was chewed out because of this!!

PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 16:11 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I am calling and explain I got a call about the order but I think it seems impossible for them to fullfill it and they probably wanted to know about canceling.

Its a BDP remote for the BDP-51FD

PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 16:47 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

weird I called the 310 number but then got transferred 4 or 5 times and had to wait awhile said it would be 5 minutes but seemed longer and was able to cancel the order since they do not seem to know when the remote will be available. I hate doing these calls since it seems to take forever

PostPosted: 08 May 2014, 00:41 
xtempo wrote:
weird I called the 310 number but then got transferred 4 or 5 times and had to wait awhile said it would be 5 minutes but seemed longer and was able to cancel the order since they do not seem to know when the remote will be available. I hate doing these calls since it seems to take forever

I've done this for years.....I'm surprised my ear still works from all the time on hold.....there is no backdoor number for service centers :x

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]