It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:03

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A CLD-M301 that's NOT completely hosed!
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 07:16 
Second post
Second post

So it's not the best player (and from what I've gathered while trying to research this issue, many seem to consider it among the worst), but my M301 has a very important quality that puts it head and shoulders over many other machines: it was free. ;)

It works just fine except for one crucial issue. When the tray retracts, the door flap flips up like it's supposed to, but doesn't stay closed. It slowly opens up again. And the way this player is designed, if that flap isn't closed the whole way, it won't play a disc. Everything else works perfectly (for now at least) except for that flap. And damned if I can figure out how it's supposed to work, so I can't even really identify why it's *not* working. Does anyone have enough experience with this model to tell me what to look for?

Potential snarky posters: please note that I started this thread off by stating that I already know the M301 is an unpopular player. I don't need you to tell me to throw it away. That's not helpful or productive. ;)

Post subject: Re: A CLD-M301 that's NOT completely hosed!
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 15:45 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

hi, welcome to the forums!!

sound like your player is in need of a lube job, particularly on the disc tray's guide rails and motor drive gearwork.

you'll have to pick yourself up some WHITE LITHIUM GREASE. THE HOME DEPOT carries LUCAS brand, which is what i use.
pop the top bonnet and expel the disc tray, and that should provide access to the locations in which you need to lubricate...

Post subject: Re: A CLD-M301 that's NOT completely hosed!
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 16:37 
Second post
Second post

tasuke wrote:
sound like your player is in need of a lube job, particularly on the disc tray's guide rails and motor drive gearwork.

See, that's something that would never have occurred to me. Thanks!

I've got a CED player I've been working on that could probably use a little grease on the turntable as well, so that works out perfectly. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]