It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:23

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [DVL-909] Problem tray won't open
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2013, 17:41 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Hi. My Pioneer DVL-909 won't open. When I power it on, the front panel displays "stop", the blue light above DVD tray flashes, then they both stop. Nothing. Front panel display is blank after that. I popped the top off and nothing was out of place, no foreign objects. Any ideas or is this thing junk?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer DVL-909 problem
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2013, 20:20 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Had this happening once...
Cam gear broke!
also below the camgear there are two switches that are pushed by a plastic rods (part of the lift assy) One of those 2 could have broken making the player "confused" about being open or closed. If that's the case... not an easy fix when you're not familiar with the player mechanics.
kbahr or Kurtis can explain this more technical (accurate).
al these terms in English are :? to me

btw. did you check the loading belt? Might be broken... :shock:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 00:31 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Can be a few things, One pickup needs to be in the turn mechanism and the other out in the rest position around half way between the turn mechanism and spindle motor. Could be a position sensor, could be a bad pickup, could be a bad CAM turn gear. Hard to say.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 21:30 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I'm having the same problem on one of my units. I changed the mechanism with the gears but unfortunately it did not help. What I did notice is that BOTH laser pickups are all the way back in the turning mechanism..... Does anybody have an idea?

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 05:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have seen the ribbon cable go bad that come from the main board and wrap around the turn mechanism. Until you can get the laser on the bottom to go out of the turn mechanism and into the rest position the unit will not do anything. Remove the top and back cover over the turn mechanism and try going underneath the turn mechanism and tap the cables to see if it comes alive.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 12:36 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Thanks, I will have a look at the cable. This error seems to be quite comon, there was another unit for sale in Germany with the exact same error. The seller said it was working just fine and then from one moment to another it stopped with this fault. Of course I was not interested in it ;-)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 19:23 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I manually turned the LD pickup to the upper side, got it out of the turning mechanism and then turned it around again and by taking out the metal guide I placed the LD pickup in the middle. The player turned on and the tray opens and closes. You can even load a disc and after quite a bit of time and the pickup making some grinding noises it even starts to play. (could not see picture, had no TV hooked up). I then tried to switch it to B side and the pick up goes fast (making noises) into the turning mechanism and stops with a nasty slamming sound. Then it stays there and you can hear a very low squeeking noise. Eventually the player then shuts down as explained in the starting post.

Any idea what this could be?

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 23:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There is a big turn gear at the back and the turn mechanism also has its own motor. Sometimes the big turn gear in back cracks and splits in into two pieces.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017, 18:36 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Thanks, I had another look at the turning mechanism, all gears seem just fine and I can turn it manually without any problems. Belt also seems fine.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 04:00 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Well, it's most likely a bad cable or switch issue. The time I ran into this it the issue was a ribbon cable.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 09:55 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Kurtis, thank you very much for all your help! Where would the switches be located? Switches are easy to check but how would I check the cable?

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 19:38 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There are a couple switches that the pickup pushes as it loads into the turn mechanism. These are on the turn mechanism.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 19:30 
Honest fan
Honest fan

It's an issue with the laser pickup. I have switched the pickup and it works fine. I suspect the motor is giving problems. Has anybody ever replaced the pickup (slider) motor? It says "RF-130CH" on it, Pioneer part number is VXX2472. There seem to be different version of the RF-130CH, see here: http://www.adrirobot.it/datasheet/vari/ ... _130ch.pdf Does anybody know which one I should use?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 01:29 
True fan
True fan

In my experience its the "Worm gear" on the slider motor shaft!! They can get a spur on the gear (rough edges) from shipping mostly, and cause that problem. Never had to replace a slider motor in the 16 years if servicing the DVL-line of players... I usually have to change the DVD pickup slider worm gear as its really fussy about deformation.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 01:38 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Good to read your posts Grasshopper.
Always good to read any tech posts to help us in the future.
Hope things are going well on your end.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 12:00 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Grasshopper, by "worm gear" you mean the black thing that is on the shaft of the motor and drives the little black gear which then drives the white gear? If so, is that part available?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 16:37 
True fan
True fan

I'm not even sure if thay would apply for your problem after careful reading on your situation.You said you swapped the laser? It could be the gears or M-holder(Black). Maybe the laser itself is bad? The Black gear on the motor I was talking about is only when you start to have small glitches when playing a disc.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 19:15 
Honest fan
Honest fan

The white gear was broken, I replaced it. Motor holder is fine. As I said before, with a different laser pickup the player seems to work fine and that's why I supected the motor. I have no idea how to test the actual laser.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2018, 23:10 
True fan
True fan

I have the following issue with my DVL 909

There are a lot of white lines racing through the screen at the very beginning of the playback, it becomes less and less and fades away after about 6/7 minutes of playback. Afterwards every now and then a white dot races by on the screen ( split second ).

This problem pretty much disappears after about 6-8 minutes of playback. It only occurs when the player was turned off and cooled down. Seems like if after it is up to temperature the problem no longer happens.

The only thing that keeps happening no matter how long I use the player is that a small white dot races by from time to time.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 07:47 
Hello
I'm a newbie in New Zealand, so not quite sure if this is the right place to Post, but here goes:

I am working on a Pioneer DVL 909, which has had very little use. The problem is that the Tray would not open, - Or close, even though the
message Open or Close was on the display.
The Open/Close motor is fine, as is the drive belt. I was able to carefully remove the Tray Manually, nothing is broken from what I can see.

By then Manually turning the Auto. Side Selection Assembly into the side 'B' position, I notice that the Tray Loading Motor will try to Close the tray on Power up. (The Loading Motor Runs anticlockwise).

After Replacing the tray in the machine, and loading a Laser Disc, the tray will then close properly, the Mech. will raise the disc, and the Side Selection Assembly will then turn to the side 'A' Position, so it looks as though all is well so far.

However, if You then Press 'Play', nothing else happens. - At all. I have checked the Spindle Motor and all of it's Drive Electronics, and it all measures fine.
No blown fuses on the Psu Board, or anywhere else on other cards that I have been able to measure.

There is also No Response if you load a DvD the Same Way.

All of the Psu Output Voltages are within spec, and the Video Output on my display with the Blue Pioneer Logo is perfect.

(I am a Component Level electronics tech by trade, experienced with DvD and CD Tape Decks and Color TV Repair, so understand antistatic, etc).

Can anyone tell me the sequence of events that have to take place in the DVL 909 in order to Start the Spindle Motor?

Any Help would be greatfully received. -- Thanks for all.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next