It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:08

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Having trouble with Pioneer CLD-1190
PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 09:34 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hi, apologies it's my first post! - I've got a Pioneer CLD-950 and trying to get a spare player up and running. It's a CLD-1190, which is an NTSC only player sold in Asian territories in about 1991-1992 (apparently this one was originally bought in Hong Kong, it's got a switchable power supply). I've been able to find out very little about this particular player.

I got this player on eBay and unfortunately it looks like it got damaged in transit. As the remote control was otherwise working (and they seem to be so expensive to get on their own anyway) - I've negotiated a partial refund.

The tray mechanism needed a hand to come out and it looks like it was having trouble clamping the disc. So I guessed it could be the belt on the tray motor (as I had to swap it on the CLD-950).

The design of this is rather different to the 950, to get to the motor I assumed I needed to get the whole metal assembly off (first photo). The clamping piece is spring loaded and is just held in with pins so you can slide it off once the springs are taken off, I didn't want to undo the springs as I assumed they would be quite tight (first mistake - turns out they're not too tight and I wish I had just taken this piece off).

So I took the whole metal piece off and the white rectangular square that handles moving the tray vertically.

I've swapped the motor belt, but now I can't get it back together properly. It either gets stuck even more or tries to clamp down half way along the tray or I hear some horrible noises from the mechanism. I suspect I've lined up the big white cog incorrectly (amongst other things). I've tried to get a few photos of the inside and where I think the problem is.

If anyone can tell me of a Pioneer unit that looks vaguely like this tray mechanism inside, I'd be very interested to know - as I might then be able to find the service manual. Failing that, if anyone can possibly tell me what looks wrong, please let me know.

Photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/hNXa5YCSXDVvVRa66

Post subject: Re: Having trouble with Pioneer CLD-1190
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 13:32 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Had to give up in the end. I've got it for spares at the moment. I got very lucky and came across a CLD-D925 with a lot of films for a very good price!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]