It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:24

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: CLD-97 Optical output repaired
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 19:58 
True fan
True fan

Hey guys, I just want to brag :-) Somehow the optical output of my CLD-97 was defective, meaning that this tiny lens was damaged. Well, since this player has a second digital output (coax), it didn´t bother me too much (..just when I had some sleepless nights I started to think about a solution /repair), meaning, i could easily watch my dts discs and so forth.
I was now fortunate enough to get my hands on a LG-1 LDG Decoder and to my surprise, I realized that those rely on a toslink connection..which i didn´t have! meaning, I had to repair in some way this optical output. And it was really quite easy, the optical output jack sits on a small circuit board and is soldered with three pins, all I had to do was order a transmitting Toslink jack (for the unbelievable price of 1,49€) and a solder wick. I had to make a little adjustment to the outer case, cause the new jack was slighter bigger than the old one, but besides that, everything went smooth.
So thats just to let you know, very easy to repair and I was amazed to see the red light coming out of the jack immediately! :)

Attachments:
2017-07-18 20.16.44-iloveimg-resized(1)-iloveimg-resized.jpg
2017-07-18 20.16.44-iloveimg-resized(1)-iloveimg-resized.jpg [ 116.98 KiB | Viewed 2326 times ]

Post subject: Re: CLD-97 Optical output repaired
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 21:17 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Well done!

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2017, 15:33 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Nice! It's always great to see people having a sucessful repair! We have to rely on ourself in the future for repairing the players, so I believe your contribution will be beneficial for all of us down the line! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 08:52 
True fan
True fan

Thx folks, thats what I wanted to hear :-) Honestly.I´m very glad that it worked out. First I had to check out if those Toslink jacks are all the same, but they are not, there are transmitting jacks (like the one shown above), they seem to only send the signal in one way and there are receiving jacks (as in receivers). Pretty easy, but necessary to know.
I guess as long as there are parts we´re safe :-)
Now what I really would like to have is a digital out circuit board to mod some of my other players (CLD S315 f.ex.) Does anyone know ofa thing like that? I did connect my AC-3 Rf modkit myself, but so far I didn´t stumble upon a digital out board.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 11:01 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Dor digital output look here: Pioneer S315,D515 DTS mod (WORKING)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 19:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Excellent work! Question, how did you know that it was merely the toslink transmitter that was broken and not some other component further up the line? I own 2 CLD-97's so who knows, maybe in the future I will need to be doing this as well.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 09:55 
True fan
True fan

Well, I have to admit, I knew that the Toslink out was physically damaged, cause I caused that myelf :-( When I put the player in the rack , and it´s tricky, as it´s high above head and a small place, I left that cap in the optical out and I somehow thrusted it into the optical out, when the player scratched on the wall. My bad. Then the optical connections didn´t stuck proper anymore. When I looked it up, the little lens inside the toslink was also gone.So I knew, it was "physically" damaged.
The new toslink has those little flaps that "automatically" close the output, when the plug is pulled.
@kaflo:thx, i knew the thread, but it seemed always evry tricky to me, I had hope for a more noob instruction. Invenio did a cool step by step instruction for the ac-3 mod, so I thought something like that..

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]