It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:12

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneer CLD 1500 laserdisk player
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 22:36 
First post
First post

Hello,

Not sure if there is someone who help me with my laserdisk player Pioneer CLD 1500.  I recently could get hold of a Pioneer CLD 1500 laserdisk player for free.  When the original seller was testing his device it went broke.  I received it for free as I would like to get it repaired...by myself if possible but I am not an expert.  Perhaps someone can help me or redirect me to someone else who can perhaps help...
Anyway, when the original owner was testing the device by inserting a CD (music), it worked.  After a few trials, suddenly the device refuses to play the CD.  The unit opens and closes without any issue but doesn't spin round the CD anymore.  I opened it and saw that the two belts inside are intact.  The arm (I guess with the laser or sensor unit) moves below the CD but comes back and stops.  There is no spinning start.  I have the impression that the wheel in the middle (below the CD) should spin but that does not happen.  Could it be that that is the motor below ?  If yes, I have the impression that there is a motor issue...
Anyone that can help me determining the issue for possible repair ?

Thanks a lot !

Kind regards
Sunshine007 (hopefully soon :D )

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD 1500 laserdisk player
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2017, 02:40 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

On the CLD-3080, the player displays on the screen the type of disc that is inserted just after the tray closes. I've noticed while adjusting the pots on my player that if the settings are not as they should be, the disc won't be recognized. If the player initially recognized that a CD was inserted and was able to start playing it, I think you could safely make the assumption that the motor is OK. It would be more likely that the friction ring is worn out, but since a CD has less mass than a laserdisc this probably wouldn't affect playback of a CD. My guess is that your optics are out of adjustment and the player simply doesn't recognize a disc is inserted. Try and get the service manual for the player and read up on the adjustment pots. If you are lucky it could be as simple as a focus adjustment having gone out of alignment. The key is you need the service manual, you should be able to find it around. Do a google search for it. Read through the manual before making any adjustments to any pots, and take pictures of the positions of the pots before you adjust them so that you can "reset" them later if needed.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD 1500 laserdisk player
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2017, 04:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I'm no tech but you do need the scope and test disc if you want to do it right.
Don't go willy nilly turning stuff, you can kill the laser, I've read it here already.

Small adjustments but again all repairs are done at your own risk.
Not all adjustments need to be pots, some are basic and some are medium in the hardness scale.
Good luck all.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]