It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:55

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: GFF1067 Test Remote Codes/Another weird Issue with my D704
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 02:20 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Do I need the GFF1067 test remote to fully align my D704 or will the normal remote work with the test mode jumper set?

I read in old AVS thread that there were phillips pronto codes for the GFF1067 somewhere on the internet but my googling has failed me thus far.

I would like to adjust my primary D074 unit at some point and I have all the tools (test disc, scope, etc) to do it, except for the test remote. I adjusted my old CLD-990 a few weeks back to get the hang of it, but the service manual for that unit doesn't mention/require the test remote for adjustments, you just use the normal remote. I am hoping someone can point me to the remote codes for the GFF1067, or maybe give me a line on where I can get the actual remote. i would love to have one for later adjustments.

The other issue I am having with my primary unit is sort of strange. It's not crosstalk but there are faint vertical lines across the picture. You can see them in bright parts of the image, or in highly saturated parts of the image (like red, blue skys, sometimes faces depending on the lighting, etc). It is faint but it looks like there are lines, evenly spaced across the entire image on screen, sort of like this -- | | | | | | | | | |.

When looking at my TV (Panasonic VT30) up close it appears that these lines are either darker than the image around them, or made up of mostly green noise. In fact, with the player not playing anything just the standard black screen with the disc tray open you can clearly see vertical green lines across the screen (almost like in the movie The Matrix). Is not super distracting or super visible yet but I just began to notice it so it seems something is off.

You can clearly see a green haze/grid like structure across the screen with the disc tray open or while playing a disc. The fact that it shows up without playing a disc and just the tray open (black screen) tells me this most likely isn't an adjustment issue. I was going to pull the cover and start checking caps but I wanted to know if any one else has seen this before.

I have a radiance 2144 sitting between the player and the VT30. I tested other composite inputs on the 2144 with the 704 and they all display this green, grid like noise. I tested with a VCR, and a Nintendo 64 and there is no viable green noise on any of the composite inputs. I also replaced the cable from the player to the 2144 just incase there was something there as well. There are no visible lines/grids on normal HD content, or using other component devices with any of the component inputs on the 2144, so I think that rules out an issue with the 2144. At least initially.

All of the AV equipment runs through a couple of UPS that are also AVRs, but those don't necessarily break ground loops I don't think...which could be the issue maybe. The wiring in my house sucks, and I am not totally sure if the plugs I am using are even grounded to begin with, despite having 3 pronged plugs.

Anyways, long story short is there anything internally (caps mainly) that I should check on the D704 in regards to this green noise/vertical grid problem that I should be aware of?

Does this sound like a ground loop issue, and I should go grab for a ground loop isolator?

Any other ideas?

Finally, do you know where I can get codes of the GFF1067 test remote/or where I can get an actual remote? (parts.pioneer no longer seems to have most LD part/model numbers in their system anymore). Do I even need the test remote to so a calibration on most players (specifically 704s) or can I use the normal one?

Thanks in advance for any advice/pointers!

Last edited by beegmon on 20 Aug 2017, 04:02, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: GFF1067 Test Remote Codes/Another weird Issue with my D7
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 03:05 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

The remotes come up on ebay from time to time but I believe you can just do the jumper to get it in test mode.
But I'm no tech.

You may need a small 13inch CRT to adjust and make sure the picture is correct??
Good luck with it.

Post subject: Re: GFF1067 Test Remote Codes/Another weird Issue with my D7
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 01:47 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yes, the jumper will get it into test mode but I don't think all the buttons map correctly, just play with them and you can map it out

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]