It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: What do you guys make of my TV setting
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 21:09 
Hello,

I've now tried a bunch of laserdisc machines on my Supercom fake Half CRT Half lat Screen from 2008 and while I thought it was one machine, it turns out:

Contrast: 43
Brightness: 36
Color: 46
Sharpness: 80

works FINE with Dvds, playstation, and retro games but with Laserdisc I always see excessive blurry lines, which has nothing to do with interference, LD player/TV issues and cables.

So I put this setting below and I get what seems like a much better picture for all laserdisc machines, but is this the right and an optimal/decent setting or I am getting used to settings that are off, because of a clearer and cleaner picture?

Contrast: 23
Brightness: 56
Color: 27
Sharpness: 93

It seems drastically lowering the color, and increasing the brightness seems to be the trick to killing the fuzz and blurry little lines.

Post subject: Re: What do you guys make of my TV setting
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 13:24 
shu habibi

do you know if your tv handles PAL/SECAM/NTSC color system?
If it doesn't handle multi format screen will show black/white color or distorted picture.

My old danish crt tv Bang & Olufsen (RIP) recently died a slow and agonizing death after 34 years of use, this crt tv only used DIN plug on A/V connection but didn't handle any multi system, but when I connected directly to DIN A/Video with DIN video cable I received a perfect picture from NTSC source even though my tv didn't handle multi standard.

Did you try to connect your LD player direct to A/V using a scart if you have one, or using S-video or composite or maybe DIN connection?

Regarding settings I dislike when it's too much color making facial skin look overpowered in color.
Brilliance and contrast should not be to high but not to low making picture dark or too bright looking whitish, you have to fiddle with settings to find the best adjustment to your own liking.

If picture settings starts from minimum to max (0 - 60), start from 30 and go up or maybe just a little down in some of the settings like color adjustment.
Start from the middle of the settings and do adjustments.
If you go down on settings below 30 on all settings you get darker less brighter picture with less color, a non clear unpleasant picture

Check if you also have HUE color tone on tv settings when you play NTSC format, HUE settings is only accessible on NTSC source?
My 2nd crt tv Bang & Olufsen only have HUE settings on NTSC source adjusting color tone

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]