It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:41

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [CLD-D925] Hello and first problem...
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2018, 16:25 
True fan
True fan

It does look to be a problem with the tray, from the video the tray looks pushed in on the left side and out on the right, you will need to get the tray out and re align it, but I would take this up with seller first, either this happened during shipping or someone inserted the tray incorrectly, it shouldn't happen by itself.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 17:14 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Aannnnndd..... Fixed! :D

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 18:49 
True fan
True fan

Nice work :thumbup:

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 21:44 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

sjoerg wrote:
Nice work :thumbup:

Thanks! :thumbup:

Locking mechanism was jammed - looks like a pin on a slider moved from one slot to another on a locking gear and so was out of place. Took a hefty whack in transport to do that I'd guess.

Biggest problem was getting the tray out of the way to get at the gear mechanism when it was this very thing that was stopping the tray from moving out of the way - great design!! :thumbdown:

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 22:14 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Well done sir.

A CLD-D925 lives to spin again.

Enjoy the LD thing.

Cheers,

John

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 00:33 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Your lucky the mechanism up and down movement did not also get out of sync with the tray. I've had to remove trays from units that start to raise the mechanics as the tray starts moving forward. I've had to do this fix too. Sometimes parts break and sometimes they don't forcing the tray out.

Too many times the CD/LD tray latch is the problem. That CD/LD tray is a gimmick that should have gone away. If you want CD mode just have the whole tray come out. The feature of CD mode is that the video circuitry turns off to reduce noise levels in CD playback which has nothing to do with the tray.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018, 12:19 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

krbahr wrote:
Your lucky the mechanism up and down movement did not also get out of sync with the tray. I've had to remove trays from units that start to raise the mechanics as the tray starts moving forward. I've had to do this fix too. Sometimes parts break and sometimes they don't forcing the tray out.

Too many times the CD/LD tray latch is the problem. That CD/LD tray is a gimmick that should have gone away. If you want CD mode just have the whole tray come out. The feature of CD mode is that the video circuitry turns off to reduce noise levels in CD playback which has nothing to do with the tray.

Yes indeed, the up and down mechanism did indeed get out of sync once I started tinkering but I managed, prob more by luck than judgement(!), to sync it all back up. Once the tray movement was freed, I did have to remove and realign (with the helpful printed arrows) 2 nylon gears...

Does anyone know why LD's became CD players too? Does seem a bit of a strange mix. I know it would mean on less component in a home HiFi/cinema setup and the laser-reading of the audio/video discs is the same, but surely they were not sold as a replacement to proper CD units?

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018, 13:32 
True fan
True fan

It was more of a gimmick then anything, although people do use them for CD players, when I bought my main player from the previous owner he said it had only ever played CDs. I do use my Philips cdv v487 to play CDs sometime because of the audio section, but that unit also as the single big tray and overall more sturdy then the pioneers.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018, 22:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

richy1967 wrote:
Does anyone know why LD's became CD players too? Does seem a bit of a strange mix. I know it would mean on less component in a home HiFi/cinema setup and the laser-reading of the audio/video discs is the same, but surely they were not sold as a replacement to proper CD units?

For LD purposes it was more to try to save and grow the format, two players in one box. These use the same pickup and LD was incorporating digital sound anyway so the basic circuitry was there, so why not. Different from the DVL players that had to installed two separate lasers and separate processing boards due to the differences in the DVD format.

For the audiophile community the LD player has a much larger spindle motor. The more weight with the larger spindle motor can stabilize the rotation speed and give you less jitter reading the disc. Audiophiles just wanted the stable bitstream to go into their high end DAC's.

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2