It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:41

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Long Island/New York Repair
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 03:27 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hello folks! I was wondering if anyone knew of a place within the Long Island/New York area that is good at repairing laserdisc players? I went to a place in Bellmore previously called Superior Electronics and while he did indeed fix my player, it, among everything else I've brought him, have broken over the months or years after bringing him the item, so while I could bring my player back to him, I'd prefer to see if anyone here had any better suggestions! Not sure what exactly is wrong with my player, its a Sony player (shoot me now I know) that has problems with the power, the door gets stuck open, and if it does work it powers off randomly only a minute or so after turning it on, and while I have a decent Pioneer player, I want to get this player fixed up to put in another area of my house.

Any and all help is always appreciated guys, thanks in advanced!

Post subject: Re: Long Island/New York Repair
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 16:46 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sony players don't have a great rep, and there are no parts etc.
You would be better off buying another player than spending the money to repair that one.

What is it doing wrong??

Post subject: Re: Long Island/New York Repair
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 05:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I would really give up on the Sony even if it was a high end model. I think my old Sony MDP-455 (fairly mid end model) experienced a very similar issue and I’m not sure what my repair shop said about it but my impression was that it was either not repairable or too difficult to repair.

I recycled the unit shortly after (removed all the AC3 boards I had in it to save them for another player) and kept acquiring more Pioneer units that have not given me any issues except the occasional belt change (well... I did have the 704 with the bent transport but that was quickly fixed and has been great since).

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]