It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:59

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-3070: Disc Eject, Remote Buttons, & Faded Cl
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 03:41 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

rein-o wrote:
Wow, you took the front panel off.
Those players are I feel the second hardest to work on, if there are others someone please post.

I had to take apart a 7820 once to get the cable back on track to move the disc.
Very hard, took an entire day.

Well I'm about to do more than just that. The gears and belt look to be find when I operate them with my finger. I still get no reaction via remote or button to react the tray so I must be an electrical issue. I saw a post grasshopper made about the flex cable on the door. Maybe its loose? It doesn't look like it on the board but maybe on the inside of the panel... I'm trying to get the back door off without cracking the plastic. Theres a small lip on the far left of the panel. I can get my flathead in there, but it still won't budge. I already removed all 3 screws.

Attachments:
IMG_1589 (wecompress.com).JPG
IMG_1589 (wecompress.com).JPG [ 80.96 KiB | Viewed 2177 times ]

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 03:48 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

My other theory is that if the remote and button aren't responding, then maybe it has to do with the board behind the IR receiver and eject button. They are both located under the jog dial and this board is whats behind them both. There's a connector that leads up the the jog dial, but this one is down lower (where the IR reciever and eject button are). Maybe this cable is loose? The board however does look like its gonna be a pain to get out... thoughts?

Attachments:
IMG_1590 (wecompress.com).JPG
IMG_1590 (wecompress.com).JPG [ 105.94 KiB | Viewed 2177 times ]

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 04:05 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Wish I could help you, I know that some players do have an issue with the ribbon cable but I'm not 100% sure the 3070 has the same issues but I may be wrong.
I think you are past the point of no return, stick with it, you may figure it out yet :)

Sorry I'm no LD tech.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 16:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

that entire front panel is plastic, correct? the 3070 was one of the dream players i was mulling over settling on,
back before i fully committed myself to the CLD-3030 around 2007/2008.

in any case, it's a treat to get a deeper look at the nuts-n-bolts of this model,
something i've always been sort of curious about...

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 23:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

When a Pioneer player does not respond to either the remote or the front buttons you need to look at the SR control input at the back and make sure nothing is plugged into the jack in back. Both the front buttons and remote codes are sent from the front board processor to the main board, but it passes thru the SR jack. The SR input is a feature to be able to have one Pioneer piece receive the command and in a serial cable it can pass the command to the player in a hidden location. When you plug a cable into the jack it disconnects the control signal from the front panel.

If either one of the front buttons or remote input works and the other doesn’t the problem is on the front control board.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 05:41 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

krbahr wrote:
When a Pioneer player does not respond to either the remote or the front buttons you need to look at the SR control input at the back and make sure nothing is plugged into the jack in back. Both the front buttons and remote codes are sent from the front board processor to the main board, but it passes thru the SR jack. The SR input is a feature to be able to have one Pioneer piece receive the command and in a serial cable it can pass the command to the player in a hidden location. When you plug a cable into the jack it disconnects the control signal from the front panel.

If either one of the front buttons or remote input works and the other doesn’t the problem is on the front control board.

My situation is that the player WILL eject with the remote and the front button, but NEITHER will make the disc tray retract back into the player. What do you mean by SR jack? Do you have any references of what I should be looking for? I can take photos if that will help any.

Hope to hear back from you soon!
-Mason F.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 16:04 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

On the back there should be a few jacks, check if there is a plug in them that may have broken off.

But since you can press the button and it opens then it sounds like there is nothing in the jack from what krbhar said.

Will the tray go back when you give it a light push to close??

Again you are taking all this advice at your own risk, krbhar knows more but I'm not responsible for any damage you make.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 16:49 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I have a CLD-92 which I believe is of a similar 'vintage' to the CLD-3070. The CLD-92 has a STOP/OPEN button on the control panel, to close the drawer you have either have to push it gently or press PLAY. It's not a flaw, it's just how they were designed I guess.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 19:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

zoidbergforever wrote:
I have a CLD-92 which I believe is of a similar 'vintage' to the CLD-3070. The CLD-92 has a STOP/OPEN button on the control panel, to close the drawer you have either have to push it gently or press PLAY. It's not a flaw, it's just how they were designed I guess.

Oh boy, have we all been reading his posts wrong :shock: Didn't think of that.

Imagine him taking the player apart and didn't realize to press play to close :silent:

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 00:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I wish Pioneer would have made this consistent with all players. I didn’t think of that either but it is true especially with the older players the button is a combination stop/open. I had a 3070 and I used to press the button twice to open the tray if the disc was playing. Most newer players have a open/close button and a separate stop button.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 01:03 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

rein-o wrote:
zoidbergforever wrote:

Oh boy, have we all been reading his posts wrong :shock: Didn't think of that.

Imagine him taking the player apart and didn't realize to press play to close :silent:

Last edited by ioutatime1985 on 20 Jul 2018, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 01:07 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

You know what? NO!

I've come this far, maybe I should re-lubricate those gears while I'm at it. My only concern is if that band is weak enough to where I stretch it if it will snap. Anyone know how to get at these gears and buy a replacement band for a CLD-3070 in case I need one?

Attachments:
IMG_1582 (wecompress.com).JPG
IMG_1582 (wecompress.com).JPG [ 109.78 KiB | Viewed 2126 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 03:00 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The important parts to clean off the old lub and then re-lubricate are accessed by removing the tray, you cannot see them in this picture. With that said with this older unit you need a service manual to get the timing correct so it will properly load again. The gears have to be in the correct position then the tray has to start hitting the gears on the correct tooth or the player will not load properly.

If it's not broke leave it alone.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 16:36 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

krbahr wrote:
The important parts to clean off the old lub and then re-lubricate are accessed by removing the tray, you cannot see them in this picture. With that said with this older unit you need a service manual to get the timing correct so it will properly load again. The gears have to be in the correct position then the tray has to start hitting the gears on the correct tooth or the player will not load properly.

If it's not broke leave it alone.

I guess if it ain't broke, don't fit it. I did remove the tray, however the gear are attached to a metal plate that rises with the tray, but are not attached to the tray itself. This metal plate looks like it can only be undone from the bottom as its screws are facing down with the gears. So idk how to get at them. :wtf:

Again, probably another task for another day..

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 17:25 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

When you jack it beyond repair don't toss it, I'll take it for parts as I have 2 3070's

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 22:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

ioutatime1985 wrote:
I guess if it ain't broke, don't fit it. I did remove the tray, however the gear are attached to a metal plate that rises with the tray, but are not attached to the tray itself. This metal plate looks like it can only be undone from the bottom as its screws are facing down with the gears. So idk how to get at them. :wtf:

Again, probably another task for another day..

From what I remember there are 3 gears on top of that plate and they are the ones to remove clean and re-lub the gears but the gears do have little timing holes and they need to be re-installed properly, this is all in the service manual, only the service guide is in the manuals section of this website and the service guide does not show this.

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2