It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:47

Page 1 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [CLD-D925] E0 error [SOLVED!]
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2018, 10:48 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hello,

I bought recently a CLD-D925 which is defect, with error E0.
The seller told be he already tried to replace the laser block, but with no luck.

I reveived the beast, and I saw that the laserblock which has been replaced is coming from an other model, but same reference.
The only thing is that there was a little plastic ergo (removable) that was not needed on the CLD-D925. I removed it, and was able to place correctly the laser block.

I read a lot of posts about the error E0, and tried to check all I can...
Also, the motor holder is not broken.

I was able to check the PSU, and I recaped it (there was lot of capacitors out of tolerances)

Here is a link where I posted a video, you can see what the player is doing when I try to power it on.

I have doubts about the auto-reverse mecanism, is it in the good "start" position?
It's very difficult to see better in the device because of the tray, which I can't remove because I can't open it...

Hope someone would be able to help me more :)

Thanks a lot from Belgium

Last edited by miskia on 17 Mar 2019, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D925] E0 error, cannot solve it :(
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 16:45 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hello,

Nobody ? :(
Other question, in case of... As I said the laser is coming from an other model, is it possible that the E0 error is coming from that? Incompatible laser ?
The laser block is coming from a CLD-S310 (PAL only)
I can have a CLD-S315 (the big brother of S310, which is PAL/NTSC) with defective PSU, I think I will try to take its laser block and put it in the CLD-D925 which I'd like to have in working conditions, is it a good idea?

Thank for your help :)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 17:17 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I have no idea if that laser is compatible with your player.

1 if they changed it out you need to center and calibrate the laser with a disc, start some searching on this.

http://igelect.co.uk/perrcds.html

Why is this site or info not posted here on the forum????

Anyway slider issue, so it may be out of track and needs to be popped back in?

I am no tech, you do all your repairs at your own risk.
Good luck.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 17:29 
Site Admin
Site Admin

rein-o wrote:

Because it already is, as a global post on all the hardware sections:

[GLOBAL] List of Pioneer Error Codes

Julien

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 20:01 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

admin wrote:
rein-o wrote:

Julien

Thank you,
Then its just me being upset at someone else who can't search. :evil:

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 21:23 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I’m not seeing any activity from the loading mech in the video. Don’t worry about lasers and stuff until you can get a disc in there.

I don’t know much about the 925 but it doesn’t look much different from other Both Side players.

The drawer should open, you put a disc in, then the spindle moves up into the disc lifting it and clamping it at the same time. Then the spindle motor spins and only when the disc is up to speed can anything be read.

From the video I’d say your load step isn’t even happening and it’s setting the code for that or the spindle isn’t turning and the current draw is setting the U0. One or both of those. I wouldn’t worry about reading anything now. You need to get the loading working. You’re not yet at the point where the laser integrity matters.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 11:06 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

rein-o wrote:
admin wrote:
rein-o wrote:

Julien

Thank you,
Then its just me being upset at someone else who can't search. :evil:

Hello,
Sorry for that, but it was not the original question, i was just asking about laser block compatibility between 2 models, not the laser calibration...
If there was a search counter, you would be able to see that I use it a lot ;-)

signofzeta wrote:
I’m not seeing any activity from the loading mech in the video. Don’t worry about lasers and stuff until you can get a disc in there.

I don’t know much about the 925 but it doesn’t look much different from other Both Side players.

The drawer should open, you put a disc in, then the spindle moves up into the disc lifting it and clamping it at the same time. Then the spindle motor spins and only when the disc is up to speed can anything be read.

From the video I’d say your load step isn’t even happening and it’s setting the code for that or the spindle isn’t turning and the current draw is setting the U0. One or both of those. I wouldn’t worry about reading anything now. You need to get the loading working. You’re not yet at the point where the laser integrity matters.

Thank you for these informations, "E0" which means "Slider error", for me the slider was the upper and lower metal rods of the system, I know now that I was wrong, they are called "Guide bar" in the service manuals. I was focus by that because I had the informations that the laser was replaced.. I'm not a native english speaker ;) So now I'll double check the "Slider" R/L parts that I see on the service manuals... I just misunderstood some technical terms. I don't have problems with technical english about electronic, but "mechanicals" languages things are new for me. Please excuse me :)

I also have a good working CLD-D925, i opened the 2 drives side by side and checked If I see broken thing, parts placements, spent few hours and don't see anything broken in the defective one. But I repeat, the fact that I can't open the tray is problematic, I don't see lot of things in the mechanical side. :(

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 18:52 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I understand the language issue. It doesn’t bother people here at all. This is a pretty international forum.

I don’t have a 925 or else i could tell you more.

Does the 925 have a loading belt and is yours in tact?

Usually there is a gear somewhere that you can turn, maybe one tooth at a time, do get the drawer out.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 21:49 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

It's a mechanical problem, I can see that the player is in the clamped position as if there were a disc in there, you need to get the spindle to come down... Try re-seating the ribbon cables as these can sometimes be a problem (don't ask me how i know!)

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 00:30 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I was trying to tell from the video if you have the Black or grey MHolder on the laser assembly, The grey one does have issue with the movement gears breaking loose, you cannot just look at it, you have to have it out and see if when you turn the gears (not the motor) any of them shift out of place. The pickup is the same, that should not be the problem.
The switches on the base of the mechanism that signal the pickup position could be bad. As you look down they move sideways, one for the CD position and the other for the LD position. You need to move these a couple times and see if it works better.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 09:15 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

signofzeta wrote:
I understand the language issue. It doesn’t bother people here at all. This is a pretty international forum.

I don’t have a 925 or else i could tell you more.

Does the 925 have a loading belt and is yours in tact?

Usually there is a gear somewhere that you can turn, maybe one tooth at a time, do get the drawer out.

Tried to swap the loading belt with one coming from my working unit, it does not change anything.

jamski68 wrote:
It's a mechanical problem, I can see that the player is in the clamped position as if there were a disc in there, you need to get the spindle to come down... Try re-seating the ribbon cables as these can sometimes be a problem (don't ask me how i know!)

The ribbon cable is the flat cable going to the pickup ?

krbahr wrote:
I was trying to tell from the video if you have the Black or grey MHolder on the laser assembly, The grey one does have issue with the movement gears breaking loose, you cannot just look at it, you have to have it out and see if when you turn the gears (not the motor) any of them shift out of place. The pickup is the same, that should not be the problem.
The switches on the base of the mechanism that signal the pickup position could be bad. As you look down they move sideways, one for the CD position and the other for the LD position. You need to move these a couple times and see if it works better.

I suspected the little switches too, I tried to push them manually it does not change anything. I will check them with my meter to be sure they are working correctly.

Thanks everybody for your help, I'm travelling for work for the moment, I'll spend more time on it on saturday and double check all of that things :)

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 21:56 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hello,

I'm back home early than expected, and I spent some time on my defective D925.

I checked the ribbon cables but it didn't change anything.

Thanks to signofzeta, I turned a "big gear" tooth by tooth, I saw the spindle going down then.. the tray coming out!
And now I have a better look in the beast :)

I compared with my working D925 to see If I see some mechanicals problems, I dismounted 3-4 gears and repositioned them, and gave a try, so I replaced the tray, and powered on.
The tray closed correctly, then the spindle is going "up" and then.. E0...

Second time, tray out, and double checked, and now I think I found something problematic... but is it enough to explain that E0 error?
It seems that there is a part, called "Tilt cam" which is not in the correct position If I compare with my working unit.
I dismounted it and I think there is a broken part, here is come pictures:

The tilt cam position on the working unit
The tilt cam position on the E0 unit
The tilt cam dismounted and "reversed", I circled in red the part I think is broken

Do you think it could be the problem ?

Again, thanks for your help :)

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 23:43 
Site Admin
Site Admin

miskia wrote:
Second time, tray out, and double checked, and now I think I found something problematic... but is it enough to explain that E0 error?
It seems that there is a part, called "Tilt cam" which is not in the correct position If I compare with my working unit.
I dismounted it and I think there is a broken part, here is come pictures:

The tilt cam position on the working unit
The tilt cam position on the E0 unit
The tilt cam dismounted and "reversed", I circled in red the part I think is broken

Do you think it could be the problem ?

It looks quite OK vs. the Service Manual to me:

VNL1643 - Tilt Cam
Attachment:
VNL1643.jpg
VNL1643.jpg [ 20.7 KiB | Viewed 5614 times ]

Maybe someone with more expertise could confirm?

If it is the problem, spare parts are not expensive:

https://www.ued.net/ued/viewItemAction.do?itemCode=PNRVNL1643
http://www.etus-landgraf.com/teile-shop/unsere-marken/pioneer/cld-d925/vnl1643-detail

Julien

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 00:20 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The tilt cam gear should have circled should extend up a little and it hits a metal tab on the tilt base. That keeps it in the position that your working one is in. You can try opening and closing the player with the gear out and see if it opens and closes normally. The unit will not play a disc with this out but it should open and close. If it does then get a replacement gear.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 12:59 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

krbahr wrote:
The tilt cam gear should have circled should extend up a little and it hits a metal tab on the tilt base. That keeps it in the position that your working one is in. You can try opening and closing the player with the gear out and see if it opens and closes normally. The unit will not play a disc with this out but it should open and close. If it does then get a replacement gear.

I tried to put the tray in it, with that "tilt cam" gear out
When I power on (with the tray inserted)
- The tray closes correctly.
- The spindle block goes up
- E0 directly

I can't open it after that... :(
It's very strange as the tray closes correctly.
The only thing I see after all that steps is a strange sound after the spindle goes up, like an other "step" is needed but can't be accomplished due to a mechanical problem ?
Is it interesting for the troubleshooting?

Here is a link to a video

Thank for your help :)

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 23:28 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Just looking the service manual for the 925 and E codes are to do with the slider mechanism... have a look at page 62-63 of the manual that may give you some clues...

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 21:08 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

jamski68 wrote:
Just looking the service manual for the 925 and E codes are to do with the slider mechanism... have a look at page 62-63 of the manual that may give you some clues...

I did a step backward :(
For me, all the mecanics are great. I took a replacement VNL1643 in a dead S315, a recheck everything, all seems to be ok.
I tried to swap the laser ribbon cables, it does not work too. But now the tray is not closing anymore when it's open... :(
The laser is not moving anymore too :(
I hope it's not about static electricity...

Don't know what happened but now I had less less less hopes...

My final idea for the E0 error was about the "Drive IC" but can't be sure of which is it. Is it the IC903 ?
I see that the IC903 which is a XRA4560F is for "Slider Error Signal Former"
There is also the IC803 which is amp-op LA6510 which is for "SLDR Drive amp"
The second one is a chip I can have easily, the first seems to be harder to find...

At this step, I don't know what to do anymore, try to change the IC803 ?
Is it a possible defective part? In lot of case the laserdisc troubleshooting never go to replace IC etc.. of what I already read here and out there.
In major cases it's mecanic, belt, PSU caps'... :(

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 21:24 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

miskia wrote:
jamski68 wrote:

For me, all the mecanics are great. I took a replacement VNL1643 in a dead S315, a recheck everything, all seems to be ok.
I tried to swap the laser ribbon cables, it does not work too. But now the tray is not closing anymore when it's open... :(

My final idea for the E0 error was about the "Drive IC" but can't be sure of which is it. Is it the IC903 ?
The second one is a chip I can have easily, the first seems to be harder to find...

Is it a possible defective part? In lot of case the laserdisc troubleshooting never go to replace IC etc.. of what I already read here and out there.

If the tray isn't closing and the CD / LD lights are flashing it is almost certainly that the ribbon cable from the pickup assy to the mainboard is not seated correctly, try reseating that before anything else... I have replacements for the ICs you mentioned, i had another problem with my player and I replaced all 3 of those and I have spares, i don't think that is your problem though yet, worth trying the simple stuff more first as to replace the smaller IC (the 4560 op-amp) you'll need a hot air rework station and a steady hand

You mention you have another working 925, why not simply swap the main assy boards over? Then you can at least determine whether it is an electrical problem with the board or if it's an issue with the mechanism / picky assy.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 22:25 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

jamski68 wrote:
miskia wrote:
jamski68 wrote:

If the tray isn't closing and the CD / LD lights are flashing it is almost certainly that the ribbon cable from the pickup assy to the mainboard is not seated correctly, try reseating that before anything else... I have replacements for the ICs you mentioned, i had another problem with my player and I replaced all 3 of those and I have spares, i don't think that is your problem though yet, worth trying the simple stuff more first as to replace the smaller IC (the 4560 op-amp) you'll need a hot air rework station and a steady hand

You mention you have another working 925, why not simply swap the main assy boards over? Then you can at least determine whether it is an electrical problem with the board or if it's an issue with the mechanism / picky assy.

I found the XRA4560 is also a BA4560, easier to find :)
I ordered the BA4560 & LA6510, I'll try to replace them this week, I have a rework station with hot air :)
About the ribbon, yes I think too because It happnd when i checked that part.
I don't want to "play" with the parts of my working player, it's the only player I have at home for the moment, only want to touch with the eyes for the moment :p

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 00:07 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

The draw not closing will be the ribbon, it's happened to me many times when re-assembling... re the 4560 i have a bunch of them so you can have one at postage cost.

Page 1 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next