It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:27

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Overtaxed in Illinois!
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 06:53 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Overtaxed in Illinois!
Hello to Laserdisc Database! What brings me to your forum? A poorly playing Pioneer CLD. I am amazed there are those that still have the LD (bug) passion. More about me, lots of laserdiscs (none for sale not even the duplicates). Caught the bug back in the mid 80s. Like everything about them. Have the home theater stuff, though aging now! God children's curiosity about them big CD's, and upcoming grandchildren (all the Disney LDs) has forced me to unpack the LD collection. More you need to know about me, I love my God, Country, Wife, Children, Grand Children to come, God Children, German Shepherds, and anything Internal Combustion. Hobbies that I am still young enough for: firearms, steel fab and machine, wood stuff (got all the tools), anything electric, audio, and engines of all kinds. Hobbies I am too old for but am still in denial: Dirt bikes, Fast Cars Trucks, water and snow skiing, and Screaming engines (fast women too). Don't seem to catch my wife as often as I want to. I plan on being on your forum a while to enjoy the knowledge base. Probably won't get to be on as much as I'd like. Hope to be an asset and avoid being judgmental. Thanks to everyone for the opportunity to enjoy a common interest. TracksnBlades17

Post subject: Re: Overtaxed in Illinois!
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2016, 23:13 
Hi, I'm new on the forums too, I wish I had the money for all those hobbies and a wife!

Post subject: Re: Overtaxed in Illinois!
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2016, 06:18 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Laser dude,

In response to the money for those hobbies, most of those hobbies evolved through necessity from the lack of.
I'm pretty average like the majority. When I have time, I lack money. When I have money, I lack the time.
Growing older and hopefully a little more informed, I just eliminate those and things that waste my money and time. Resulting in more of both for the truly important ones in life.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]