It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:49

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nostalgic newbie
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 19:47 
First post
First post

Thought I’d drop by and say hello!

I’d never owned an LD up until last week when I picked up a Pioneer CLD-D503 (no remote!) and a couple of discs for a decent price on local classified. I’ve always been a movie fanatic and bought my fair share of DVDs that I have since gotten rid of with a few exceptions (big move and never really got attached to them – still have all my CDs though). I remember rarely seeing LDs as unattainable prized possessions as a 10 years old kid and figured why not now  Ultimately, my goal is to decorate a wall in the living room next to my TV/audio gear with LDs that either are meaningful, classics or just have awesome cover art.

Don’t have much for now and they appear to be incredibly hard to come by in Canada (Qc) but I’m looking around on lddb, carefully building my wishlist and constantly recreating a possible shopping cart! Ironically, my tastes appear to be for the expensive stuff as I’m an horror movie buff (esp from that era) and was sad to realize finding Halloween, Friday13th, Child’s play, Evil dead etc… would be challenging and probably out of my self-imposed budget limit.

So.. that’s my story!

Post subject: Re: Nostalgic newbie
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 21:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hi :thumbup: .

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]