It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:31

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi from The Netherlands
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 21:53 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Hi everybody,

After maybe a year of beeing a non active member of the Lddb forum, I thought it would be time to finally introduce myself and get involved into the forum. My name is Robin and i've been collecting now for about a year and a half. I have always been jealous of those guys that collect vinyl and loving the s**t out of it. I,m not into vinyl, so when I heard of laserdisc I was sold. I really love the covers and the ridiculous size of the discs.

My first buy was a Pioneer Cld s315 with a couple of movies. This really grew on me and I just wanted to find out more. Over time I upgraded to a Pioneer CLD 515, to finally settle on a Pioneer CLD 925. I was able to get them at a nice price. Only €150 for the 925, which is a bargain over here.

While increasing my collection I wanted to improve my picture. I first got a Pioneer dvr recorder, the lx60d. It has a pretty good comb filter. It also came with surround speakers and a sub, which sounds very nice in my room.
Then I got really lucky and scored me a DVDO VP50 Pro inperfect condition for virtually nothing. This guy wanted only €25 for it. He told me I could only take it if took his projector too, a Barco Data 808. I don't know anything about crt projectors, so when I arrived I was shocked at the size and weight of this thing. It's huge! I ended up selling the projector for €50. Take off the petrol cost and i,m around €0 for my VP50 Pro. I use it for scaling and as switcher.

I also got a Sony SPD-EP70 for converting AC3 into Dolby Digital.
Probably this year I will get my own place with enough room for a nice projector. Right now i watch it on a LCD Samsung TV 1080P, which surprisingly gives a very nice picture.

Right now I have a collection of around 200 laserdiscs. Most of them are common minus a few acceptions. Feel free to watch my collection.

This forum has helped me out a lot and I just want to say thx for all the usefull information.
Folks, keep spinning those discs!

P.s What modern projector is good for laserdisc and blu ray 1080P movies???

Post subject: Re: Hi from The Netherlands
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 01:08 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good morning Robin,

Well done for finally posting an introduction and for sharing a little about yourself.

Your comments, Viewpoint and Enthusiasm is Unique like everyone else here and we all welcome that.

I shall look forward to further writings from yourself ''at your Leisure of course''

Kind Regards

Benmbe

:wave: :thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 20:16 
True fan
True fan

Welcome on board - you made a good deal here, congrats! I guess you can look up Marktplaats for Lds, I found some Lds in the wild in the netherlands on fleamarkets, so keep your eyes peeled!

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 20:44 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Thx for the warm welcome Benmbe and Exinfernis!

I've bought a bunch of ld's on marktplaats, but i've never been able to find any on flea markets.

I always see lots of records, but never any laserdiscs. To which flea markets do you always go?

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 22:33 
True fan
True fan

Haha, not always, been to the big one in Amsterdam and occasionaly to various others, they pop up sometimes, but mostly it´s nothing special.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2017, 01:37 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Good luck with the projector.
Sadly there are very few who have them, mine is an SD projector and is great for LD and DVD but I haven't tried bluray.

Also there aren't too many stores that have them on display as they don't have the space, you will just have to search up and take the risk with one of them.

Good luck and enjoy collecting LDs.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]