It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:08

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Collector
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 14:19 
Hey! My name is Dillon I am actually a film composer and while studying music in college I discovered a new format in the archives of the college, I discovered LaserDisc! Ever since then I have been wanting to start collecting and managed to find one for the first time last year and now have acquired Braveheart (uncut) and the box set Star Trek the Movie Voyages! I hope to learn new and expansive things about LaserDisc and become an expert! It is a pleasure to join to forum!

Post subject: Re: New Collector
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 15:02 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good afternoon Dillon,

A pleasure to read your introduction Sir,

You no doubt have recognised that we are quite an exquisite group here, who's members come from all over the globe.
This in itself is not unique I know However, what you will gradually realise as time goes by that we are Loyal like no other format that has come before.

Only those members here who really know Telecine and the raw footage, and then the process of transferring have such an intricate knowledge and enjoyment of its true form on the reels that once were commonplace in our movie theatres.

I would never claim to be an expert and would never want to be however, what I do know & remember is that from the moment I set my eyes on the Hardware and software I had to invest 100% and I did.

I have never regretted that decision and never will.

Please know that it's not so much about the picture quality, but more about how Cinematic it looks on any particular screen that each one is using.
It's also about the holding of each disc and it's beauty to behold in ones hands, and then to hear the machines playing these discs is an experience of endless wonder.

You may feel that what I have written is a little over the top....... My fair reply would be if you grasp this like I did then you will embrace it.

Thank you for sharing with us all here and on behalf of everyone on this unique forum I / we look forward to further reading from your Good self.

Never underestimate your contribution here, as that's how we get to know each other over time, and appreciate who we all are.

Myself personally have garnered with other member/s Friendships for life and am always there if they need to chat on the PM side.
I cherish & am humbled by those who have shared their trust, and would never take that privilege for granted.

Know that you are amongst Friends here.

Sincerest Regards to you

:thumbup: :thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 21:37 
Thanks! I just bought a copy of ET today that has the deleted scenes and a copy of the OST!

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 21:59 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hi dillweed97,

Enjoy the many joys of the LD format :thumbup: .

Cheers for now,

John

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 16:59 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Welcome and have fun with your new-found addiction!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]