It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 03:41




 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018, 15:12 
Third post and above
Third post and above
User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 18:26
Posts: 5
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Image

Hi guys,

Shameless self-plug, but hey, it's totally on-topic 8-)

I have recently launched a new web magazine for all things LaserDisc. I'm posting LaserDisc reviews, features and interviews - working on new content every week.

http://www.laser-disc.com

Hope you guys like it. If any of you would like to contribute cool LaserDisc topic or material or general ideas please let me know!

Enjoy!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2018, 21:40 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:53
Posts: 1064
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Best thing Ive seen in a long time in here :) Great job!
_________________
R7G, DVL-9, CLD-97 | H/K AVR 260| Optoma HD200X | KEF KEF KHT-3005SE 5.1 & ELIPSON PLANET L
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2018, 14:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 18:54
Posts: 705
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
This sounds like Les Annees Laser website (http://www.annees-laser.com). At least yours will be in english whereas Les Annees Laser is totally in french.
_________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2018, 17:15 
Third post and above
Third post and above
User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 18:26
Posts: 5
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
dumbchemist wrote:
This sounds like Les Annees Laser website (http://www.annees-laser.com). At least yours will be in english whereas Les Annees Laser is totally in french.


Didn't know this site, looks funny. But reviewing DVD's and Blu-ray's? Blasphemy :-)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2018, 23:40 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 18:54
Posts: 705
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
magniz wrote:
dumbchemist wrote:
This sounds like Les Annees Laser website (http://www.annees-laser.com). At least yours will be in english whereas Les Annees Laser is totally in french.


Didn't know this site, looks funny. But reviewing DVD's and Blu-ray's? Blasphemy :-)


Maybe. You must remember that LD's, DVD's, BD's and UHD's are read by (pregnant pause) a laser beam!!!!! So, they do have something in common.
_________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018, 01:22 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 2855
Location: United States
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 58 times
They are also all hooked to my TV.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018, 04:46 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 2112
Location: APAC
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 91 times
magniz wrote:
Didn't know this site, looks funny. But reviewing DVD's and Blu-ray's? Blasphemy :-)


Oh they started with LaserDisc (look at their logo!) but evolved to "LD & DVD" end of 90's then simply "Home Theater" when things got more complicated.

They really helped the LD become a high-end market in France by reviewing both PAL and NTSC imports, Players (and accessories) for Europe, USA and Japan markets, and releasing yearly catalog of all reviewed titles.

Julien
_________________
LDDb on Facebook!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018, 12:17 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 18:54
Posts: 705
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
I go to Les Annees-Laser now and then to read what is new in DVD and BD. My french is limited as I can only understand maybe 60% of the text. (I need a French-Englush dictionary to figure out the remaining 40%. Even then an occasional word comes along that is not in my dictionary leaving me confused. LOL)
_________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018, 18:49 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5002
Location: United States
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 58 times
dumbchemist wrote:
I go to Les Annees-Laser now and then to read what is new in DVD and BD. My french is limited as I can only understand maybe 60% of the text. (I need a French-Englush dictionary to figure out the remaining 40%. Even then an occasional word comes along that is not in my dictionary leaving me confused. LOL)

If you are using google you can translate the page.

As for the LD magazine, I hope you get some who are veterans and have been collecting LD for a longer time or have others than just facebook friends posting articles. ;)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018, 23:17 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 18:54
Posts: 705
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
rein-o wrote:
dumbchemist wrote:
I go to Les Annees-Laser now and then to read what is new in DVD and BD. My french is limited as I can only understand maybe 60% of the text. (I need a French-Englush dictionary to figure out the remaining 40%. Even then an occasional word comes along that is not in my dictionary leaving me confused. LOL)

If you are using google you can translate the page.

As for the LD magazine, I hope you get some who are veterans and have been collecting LD for a longer time or have others than just facebook friends posting articles. ;)


You have to be careful with auto-translation of foreign languages. For example: In English, we say "I am afraid". In French, the same wordage would be "J'ai peur" which taken literally would be "I have fear" Or, to say "Je suis John." meaning "I am John" would be poor grammar and would be laughed at. The correct sentence would be "Je m'appelle John" meaning "I call myself John". This is why google may not catch these cultural differences in speech and could give a weird translation. There are also Idioms in French that you just have to learn and not take them literally.
_________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2018, 23:43 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5002
Location: United States
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Yes, that is true. It gives you the exact translation and not something that you can always make sense of.
Right now its better than nothing :D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2018, 00:05 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 18:54
Posts: 705
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
rein-o wrote:
Yes, that is true. It gives you the exact translation and not something that you can always make sense of.
Right now its better than nothing :D


10-4 on that.
_________________
LD
Pioneer CLD-D406
Sony MDP-600
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2018, 10:26 
Third post and above
Third post and above
User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 18:26
Posts: 5
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
rein-o wrote:
As for the LD magazine, I hope you get some who are veterans and have been collecting LD for a longer time or have others than just facebook friends posting articles. ;)


What's wrong with facebook friends or people who have not been collecting that long? I'm sorry but I don't cater to the elitist and know-it-all crowd. The site is made for everybody and I openly invite everybody to be an active part of it. So if you should ever have something substantial and interesting to share then let me know!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laser-disc.com - The LaserDisc magazine
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2018, 18:29 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5002
Location: United States
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 58 times
magniz wrote:
rein-o wrote:
As for the LD magazine, I hope you get some who are veterans and have been collecting LD for a longer time or have others than just facebook friends posting articles. ;)


What's wrong with facebook friends or people who have not been collecting that long? I'm sorry but I don't cater to the elitist and know-it-all crowd. The site is made for everybody and I openly invite everybody to be an active part of it. So if you should ever have something substantial and interesting to share then let me know!


Nothing wrong with them, but when you are heavy on one side or the other who really cares.
Now I feel that it has to have an even amount of people, some who are new who know some stuff and some who are veterans who know some stuff.

Since this is your web-zine you too have to track people down who have large databases of information, that's all.

I always feel if someone reads it as bashing then they are doing something wrong :shifty: Unless its really bashing :lol:

If and when I have time I may write up something for you, how would you want it??? Just text and you can edit it or do I need to supply the completed page.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: