It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:55

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions for Experts
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 08:21 
Second post
Second post

Hey all.

I'm new to this forum and have a few questions I'm hoping the LD community can answer.

I'm interested in the LaserKaraoke series that Pioneer produced between '88 and '95 (?). I know a tiny bit about the history of Pioneer and its relationship to the Karaoke market, but I was wondering: 1) does anyone know when, exactly, Pioneer employed directors to produce original content for their LDs?; 2) for those who have some of these disks (say, the PKL-range), do the inserts include information about where the videos were produced, or who directed them; 3) does anyone have information about Pioneer's presence in the Karaoke LD market in the States? That is, if there was a particular branch of Pioneer that produced the videos, who worked for them at the time etc. Looking for any information that's out there, as it's not easy to come by.

I know some of these questions are a little off the traditional path, but if anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Questions for Experts
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 15:25 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Please keep posting here if you find info, I had sort of the same question about one or two 8" disc I have.
Lots of NYC footage which was funny and I wonder if they just sourced out the videos to some company at the time as they didn't have to lipsync or anything.

Almost like stock photography, they go to a company and pick what they want for their adds etc.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]