It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:00

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Delivery issues you had with laserdisc players.
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2019, 22:31 
True fan
True fan

I paid a lot of money for an x9 only for it to arrive with a broken draw! The guy double boxed it thinking it was secure but he didnt put handles on it. It was just one giant ungrippable box that I could imagine was just thrown about. The worst thing is the guy opened it up and slapped grease all over the gears, so when those plastic parts that hold the tray broke, there was grease thrown all over the insides of the machine. My vision of finally recieving my dream laserdisc player was ruined! I never imagined instead of sitting down and watching some sweet laserdiscs, I'd be opening it up and hoping its not damaged beyond repair.

I never did get any compensation. I haven't bothered repairing the draw, its still broken. But it does open and close with a bit of help, so its not the end of the world. I just keep telling myself its better than not having an x9 at all. :lol:

I did however recieve a cld-95 a few years back sent from the US which arrived in perfect shape. Go figure.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 09:14 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Amongst the ten players I currently have, I haven't had any delivery issues that has resulted in a complete mess. Only minor fixable things have occured to me. I'm more concerned about buying a player today, than say seven years ago, when I see how improperly packed everything is today.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 15:40 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

blam1 wrote:
I purchased a CLD-07G from Japan. I've received lots of players from Japan and South Korea, so I wasn't particularly concerned.
However, when I received the player - and I have no idea how this could have occurred - the tray had been shattered.
Not just broken in one or two pieces, but literally shattered.
Honestly, I will admit I think it was damaged before it was shipped and the seller screwed me over.
I replaced the tray with one from a CLD-D704 I had junked and the player worked perfectly. Just this smashed tray. Very strange.

perhaps the tray on this example was cast from a bad batch of plastic that went exceptionally brittle with age,
and some rough handling, and/or constant heavy vibration during transcontinental shipping (by Air, i presume)
simply shattered the entire assembly into pieces?

this was the typical Champagne Gold/Silver Japanese market unit, correct?
sometimes plastics in those sorts of shades end up being more fragile with mounting age
than the black and/or darker muted shades used more commonly for the U.S. and often, WORLD market.

that possibility, coupled with the fact that the plastics in general being used in CE products
were getting flimsier practically by the year throughout the 90's and onward, and, perhaps, the fact
that Japan experiences such hot summers and cold winters,
with a general population that has never known such wild fantasy as central heating or cooling within their own homes.

all that, together with the probability of flimsy and poorly aging plastic on your particular player's tray moulding,
is likely the culprit behind such an otherwise strange and catastrophic failure on an integral player component...

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2