It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:06

Page 1 of 4 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Sale at RecoBANCHOU
PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 00:36 
Many items normally priced at $18.99 or around there have been discounted to $9.99 through May 8. Unfortunately the normal shipping rates still apply but there's some good stuff there.

See the link to the sale about half way down the main page.

http://www.urabanchou.com/

Post subject: Re: Sale at RecoBANCHOU
PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 02:23 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i got scared for a minute.
i just bought a disc today and thought i could have paid 10 or 15 bucks, but it was not in the special section.

i'll post when i get it so others can see the packing.
but they are good!!

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 03:12 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Their stuff is beautiful as is their packing!

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 05:55 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

oh yes, i know.
unfortunatly after seeing my order history i haven't bought anything from them since 2008.
i guess i just feel like i have most of what i need, but was so glad that this forum told me about that awesome tetsuwan atom set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 23:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Picked up Big Trouble in Little China and 2 others. Their sweet spot for shipping to the US is 3 single discs - 27.00. Before that it is like 20 and after that it is over 40. So I buy 3 at a time.

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 23:24 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Thanks for letting me know about this place. I just bought four things from them. None were on sale, but one was a good deal and the others I've been looking for for ages.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 04:01 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Remember, buy three things at a time, that 4th item is 13 more in shipping. It is almost cheaper to buy 6 things twice, lol.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 12:47 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Didnt want anything from them this time, but they had some great music titles out there when the sale started. Also Ive noticed that they adding more titles every day.

The shipping really is a killer, and I bet that will be what will someday soon end stores like Urabanchou. They dont offer shipping by sea any more, I believe people that did use this didnt expect items to actualle take 2-3 months to arrive and therefore started to complaining, and now they removed it.

Post companies seems to be making way to much money on every shipping now days.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 14:19 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I agree about the high cost of shipping.
Royal Mail increased their prices on Monday - 23% rise - one of the largest in a long time.

I used to ship everything from the US and Singapore via surface mail but the US discontinued that service in mid 2007.
Now with rising shipping costs and airmail the only option it is getting very expensive.
Also urabanchou doesn't refund shipping if you need to send back items as I did last month - 4 discs so that money was lost.

Last edited by laserdisc_fan on 03 May 2012, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 16:39 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i agree about post companies overcharging, they are crazy.

but now in order to be covered with paypal protection you have to ship so there is more of a paper
trail than before.

i remember buying some discs on the bay from a HK seller, it took 2 months but that was before paypal and i think i wired the money.
but he was an honest seller, i think paypal brings out some bad sellers OR they just become lazy and if the buyer complaines then they will give a refund.

as for the shipping cost from recobanchou, in the past when i bought lots of stuff it was cheaper, i think i was paying around 50 bucks for air mail, but i was looking at my past orders and see that i received 3 box sets of 8 discs each and 4 single discs.

so it's really worth it when you buy a lot.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 19:05 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I don't have a problem with shipping costs. They go up, sure, but it only seems like too much of an increase because price increases on most other things have stagnated so much in the last decade. I mean, $50 to ship four LDs seems like a lot...but come on, its traveling 6400 miles and it only takes a week! What more could I realistically ask? Also, while those four LDs only cost about $51 today, they had a retail of about $350 when released. What costs that much on video now? Nothing. So it also seems expensive to ship because the product itself is %75 off retail.

My problem is that there is a significant movement to destroy the US Post Office. USPS is he fastest cheapest more reliable shipping method in this country, plus they deliver on Saturday for no extra charge, yet they are closing down post offices and firing people left and right because it is "losing money". What other government service is actually supposed to make a profit? I can't think of many. The Pentagon has a budget of a half trillion a year, not including emergency spending bills, foreign weapons aid, and past debt, and it can't even stay within those nearly limitless parameters. By the measure they apply to the post office we are "losing" a trillion a year on the department despite not having foreign troops on American soil in 200 years, despite us being the only superpower left in the word. They sky is the limit for the Pentagon, Homeland Security, prisons, etc, but not for something that nearly every American actually uses every day, not for the post office.

Its like a modern day Thatcherism or something, and it seems to be working. Now the USPS is being forced to advertise on television for things like stamps and their bulk (i.e.: junk) mailing services. Its very humiliating.

They want USPS to be more corporate, like UPS. I don't want USPS to be like UPS or DHL. UPS totally SUCKS and DHL is 100x worse.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 22:27 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

But keep in mind that this is the cheapest shipping option, I had to wait 3 weeks and I think its always 2-4 weeks. I dont know with usa but here in sweden if I want to send 1 package on 0,5 kg I have to pay 15 usd, but if I use DHL with my company account I can ship a 30x30cm box on 25kg for 50 usd, you tell me who you think is clearly making to much money on small packages from private people.

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 04:07 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Took me about a week to get my stuff from them. Pretty cool and I am not sad at paying the 27 bucks for 3 discs. I know it isnt them.

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 05:35 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

johan184 wrote:
But keep in mind that this is the cheapest shipping option, I had to wait 3 weeks and I think its always 2-4 weeks. I dont know with usa but here in sweden if I want to send 1 package on 0,5 kg I have to pay 15 usd, but if I use DHL with my company account I can ship a 30x30cm box on 25kg for 50 usd, you tell me who you think is clearly making to much money on small packages from private people.

It's quite possible that DHL isn't as terrible closer for their home base, but here in the US they are the WORST. They lose packages, the drivers steal stuff, they take forever.

For a while there they actually stopped doing residential delivery. Then, late last year, I ordered a DVD from Deepdiscount and it never came. They shipped it DHL. The replacement was not shipped DHL. :)

FWIW, EMS from Japan is a usually exactly a week. This is because it's air mail all the way to Chicago where it then gets picked up by USPS and goes by land to my place in SE Michigan. People in Utah or wherever probably have to wait longer.

It takes 8 days for packages from Colodaro to get to my place via UPS.

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 05:45 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i know DHL is still around but i thought they would deliver in the US but they didn't have
stores or whatever?

with japan it's also easy to pay them with international postal money orders :thumbup:
USPS won't send them to most countries that's why papal took over :cry: :cry:

the government and the post office needs to remove the whole shipping size issue and allow small sellers to ship overseas.

i can't send any guitars to australia, they charge by size.
a normal guitar sent overseas to say france or germany will be around 50-60 and if it's the same size to australia it will be oversized and cost over 300 :wtf:

this is why the USPS is having a hard time and needs to do commericals.

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 03:53 
Serious fan
Serious fan

USPS claims lost First Class revenue because of email. What about the increased revenue from internet sales? I ship over 700 packages per month which costs over $2000, that makes up for a lot of First Class letters at .45 or whatever a stamp costs nowadays. Part of USPS' problem is the average salary is very high, over $40 per hour from what I've heard. IMO they're just like any other govt run organization, they lose money. Every time I use UPS I get professional service.

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 06:41 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yeah, and it costs a billion dollars for someone outside of the US to pick up their package because of a surcharge 40 bucks and up per instance.

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 07:19 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Yep I would never have any laserdiscs come to me by UPS to Canada. The surcharges are expensive as said. DHL to Canada is very good. I can get a up to 2kg package sent from Germany to Canada (international Päckchen) for only 15.90 euros.

Has anyone received an order now from Urbanchou of 1 or 2 discs? and what was the packaging used? Still the brown pizza type box? with the discs taped to the bottom? or is it now upgraded?

I just checked the Urbanchou shipping to Canada SAL shipping (adding items to shopping cart) 1 LD @ 14.00 or 2 LD @ 21.00 or 3 LD @ 27.00 and 4 LD says 34.00 (over 4 ld takes a big jump)

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 07:58 
Serious fan
Serious fan

signofzeta wrote:
I don't have a problem with shipping costs. They go up, sure, but it only seems like too much of an increase because price increases on most other things have stagnated so much in the last decade. I mean, $50 to ship four LDs seems like a lot...but come on, its traveling 6400 miles and it only takes a week! What more could I realistically ask? Also, while those four LDs only cost about $51 today, they had a retail of about $350 when released. What costs that much on video now? Nothing. So it also seems expensive to ship because the product itself is %75 off retail.

My problem is that there is a significant movement to destroy the US Post Office. USPS is he fastest cheapest more reliable shipping method in this country, plus they deliver on Saturday for no extra charge, yet they are closing down post offices and firing people left and right because it is "losing money". What other government service is actually supposed to make a profit? I can't think of many. The Pentagon has a budget of a half trillion a year, not including emergency spending bills, foreign weapons aid, and past debt, and it can't even stay within those nearly limitless parameters. By the measure they apply to the post office we are "losing" a trillion a year on the department despite not having foreign troops on American soil in 200 years, despite us being the only superpower left in the word. They sky is the limit for the Pentagon, Homeland Security, prisons, etc, but not for something that nearly every American actually uses every day, not for the post office.

Its like a modern day Thatcherism or something, and it seems to be working. Now the USPS is being forced to advertise on television for things like stamps and their bulk (i.e.: junk) mailing services. Its very humiliating.

They want USPS to be more corporate, like UPS. I don't want USPS to be like UPS or DHL. UPS totally SUCKS and DHL is 100x worse.

Amen, brother! I agree completely with what you wrote.

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 10:11 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

vinylcollector wrote:
Yep I would never have any laserdiscs come to me by UPS to Canada. The surcharges are expensive as said. DHL to Canada is very good. I can get a up to 2kg package sent from Germany to Canada (international Päckchen) for only 15.90 euros.

Has anyone received an order now from Urbanchou of 1 or 2 discs? and what was the packaging used? Still the brown pizza type box? with the discs taped to the bottom? or is it now upgraded?

I just checked the Urbanchou shipping to Canada SAL shipping (adding items to shopping cart) 1 LD @ 14.00 or 2 LD @ 21.00 or 3 LD @ 27.00 and 4 LD says 34.00 (over 4 ld takes a big jump)

I have always got my stuff in new good packages from them...

/johan

Page 1 of 4 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next