It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:14

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to price LDs that have not been for sale on LDDB?
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 03:55 
Hey guys i've sent a request to open a store here on LDDB. Can you guys suggest how to price LDs that have not been for sale here?
I have a few that are in only 3 or less collections or that were not on the LDDB at all. Are these more valuable/rare or just not really worth collecting?
Some i think are the asian release thats why the serial numbers are different and are not on the LDDB.
And others just have not been for sale here but are on the LDDB. Any suggestions on how to price those LDs?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dan

Post subject: Re: How to price LDs that have not been for sale on LDDB?
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 04:58 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

you'll have to check all other places that sell LDs and make your own price up after that.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 11:47 
True fan
True fan

If they are in nobody's wishlists, then they are probably not worth collecting.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 06:45 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Sell them for whatever you want! You'll have a monopoly! :twisted: :twisted: To be serious though, you should look at the wishlist and come up with a fair number from there. Still, there are some titles that are never for sale and are only in a few people's wishlists, that may actually be priceless to those few people. There are some like that for me... a fair price is appreciated but don't be afraid to make some profit! $20-$40 would be reasonable for a disc that no one else is selling, with few watchers

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 08:40 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

It totally depends on what they are. It might not be on anyone's wishlist because nobody knows about it. I'm constantly discovering stuff I never knew existed on LD and I'm often the first to add it to my wishlist. Some stuff has never been sold here because its mad rare.

You mention that they could be the "Asian" editions of certain movies. If by "Asia" you mean "all of Asia that isn't Japan" then there is a good chance they are worthless. If its some generic HK pressing of The Peace Hotel that got released 6 times over the years but with a different cover, yeah, that's like a $8 movie. On the other hand Song of the South (1946) [S012] is quite valuable since its the only version of Song of the South without foreign language hard subs and nobody as of this writing has ever bought one on LDDB so no value is established.

So basically you should list them here if you want a better idea because there are all sorts of crazy collectors out there that will pay anything for whatever fills the laser thin niche of their interest. People pay hundreds for certain LDs that mean absolutely nothing to me ($60 for You've Got Mail? You got depression or something!?) meanwhile I'd pay hundreds for Syd Mead: Kronolog (1991) [MEAD-1]

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 09:46 
Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't think I'm sitting on gold here. Although that would be nice :clap:

When I say Asian I do mean other than Japan. Although I'm just guessing atm. 2 different lots i bought came from English people that had lived in Vietnam, Hong Kong and Singapore and than settled here in Australia.

There are a few I hadn't seen before. But I'm not as knowledgeable on the older movies other than the cult classics. And some are music ones that haven't been sold here before. Probably because no one is interested, but I guess I will find out.

Yes but if it wasn't for Hong Kong we wouldn't have those awesome kung fu movies so its worth the trade off.

Well the main reason to sell some is so I can buy more :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]