It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:58

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Receiving damaged laserdiscs whats next?
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 23:21 
After buying several batches of laserdiscs & receiving most this week i just received a destroyed sealed new Basic Instinct. I contacted seller & told paypal. There was a little pinhole at the top of the box but i find it hard to believe that that would cause both discs to be destroyed they were both cracked all the way through. They couldve been broken before they were shipped they were factory sealed & the sleeve wasnt damaged. Hope i can get a refund whats your experience when this happens.

Post subject: Re: Receiving damaged laserdiscs whats next?
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 00:02 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I had a Japan edition music LD shipped to me from Tokyo seller I buy from. Well packaged in a cardboard mailer. When it arrived there was a small hole in the side of the mailer. (no other damages to the box at all) I wouldn't have called it a pinhole, but it was a pretty tiny hole. Whatever speared through the mailer hit the edge of the LD and put about a 1 inch crack in it. Luckly it was insured and the seller had a replacement. Mine was a used copy though, not factory sealed (which could have a crack)

I can't say about yours. Are there any spear holes in the jackets?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 15:08 
just a tiny hole but both discs are destroyed. the seller says he doesnt accept returns so i only started the first step in the process of obtaining a refund he was a little upset but he said send it back & he will refund upon arrival.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 16:30 
True fan
True fan

myrtle1beach wrote:
just a tiny hole but both discs are destroyed. the seller says he doesnt accept returns so i only started the first step in the process of obtaining a refund he was a little upset but he said send it back & he will refund upon arrival.

First he needs to credit your account for shipping back. Make sure this happens. Then they can refund your account for entire amount including original shipping when received which they will have to do.

I don't know why they would want them shipped back? Take a photo and send it to them, that should be sufficient proof. But if they want to foot the bill for shipping return then fine.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 16:44 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

With mine I had to take the damaged LD to the post so they could actually see it and write up official documentation it was damaged.

So if the seller files a post claim for damaged discs, the post might ask to see the actual damaged discs.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 18:31 
I did spend $4.00 to send it back as he asked but if i dont get a full refund after he receives it i will start the claim process i only did the first step to show i was serious the next step is to let paypal decide.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 18:55 
True fan
True fan

Personally, I would want full refund first and additional refund for any shipping back. Photo's being the proof. All responsibility falls on the seller. A good seller would never balk at a full refund immediately with a photo of proof. If then the seller decided they still wanted a return, fine, allow them to foot the shipping.
Now your out $4 and you still don't have your refund and proof of damage.

Just my take, Elvis

P.S. Hope you took a photo and used some kind of mail verification received. Otherwise the seller could claim you never sent back the package or it was lost in the mail.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 19:02 
your right as these discs were destroyed on both sides i did all i could if i dont get refunded after he receives it i will start the full claim process i now have proof that it was sent back.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 19:17 
True fan
True fan

myrtle1beach wrote:
your right as these discs were destroyed on both sides i did all i could if i dont get refunded after he receives it i will start the full claim process i now have proof that it was sent back.

Chances are that the seller has enough morality to refund you. But if the seller sent these discs knowingly damaged and is shaddy, then all bets off.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 10:03 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I received one 100 % damaged LD from Germany, some people don't get the fact, that LDs don't feel well in a simple LP cardboard only. The problem is that on German Ebay the responsibility of shipping of privatly saled items lies only with the buyer, not the seller. The dispute I opened trough PayPal/Ebay lasted long and was getting too complicated (they wanted a written proof of a professional store which sales Laserdiscs (!) that the Item is really damaged before they went further), so I let that all go, 20 EUR is not that much so I consider it to be a sort of collateral damage for all my Internet purchases which 98 % went smoothly.
Another time I received too softly packed, completely bent, formarly mint You only live twice Hong Kong LD from HK. It traveled 3 months on the ground :-) Since then, I rather pay more to get them shipped by air.
That seller wanted to return the whole amount but I asked him to return only half since it's not his fault...

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 05:00 
Got refunded today i returned the destroyed discs with confirmation had to pay the extra .90 but it was worth it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]