It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Found an LP shop in Paris that had a few LDs, I made a list!
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 19:36 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Bonjour! :lol:

I'm currently nearing the end of my trip to Paris, and I managed to find a record store that actually had quite a few LaserDsics in their store. Nearly 70 of them! I first visited earlier in the week and picked up two discs.

On my first visit I took a video on my iPhone of me flipping through the titles (which I'll post if anyone would like), I then examined that video and made a spreadsheet list of what titles were in the shop, if they were US titles or France titles, etc. Some I have added the LDDB reference # to them as well. I returned to buy a few more and browse their LPs, as well as confirm some titles that were too blurry on my initial video.

Here are the store's details, located in Paris, France.

Store Name: Librairie GILDA
Address: 36 Rue des Bourdonnais, 75001 Paris
Phone: 01 42 33 60 00 ‎ Web: librairie-paralleles.com (Their website seems to be down)

Here is a public link to the spreadsheet list of LaserDiscs. The list isn't perfect and it probably has some spelling errors, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I'll try to update the list if I have time when I return home (although it's back to work!).

The two titles I didn't find on the Database were:

Lieu Du Crime - Catherine Deneuve (May not be actual title - See URL in spreadsheet of some shop selling it online)
and
XXL (France LD)

So why did I make a list? Well it started when one title wasn't in the DB (I took photos, the title in question is 'XXL'). I thought if I made a list of titles, maybe those in the area (or traveling) may want to stop in and look at the discs. The local title (French discs) were about 1.50 (Euros). American titles (from the US) were a bit more at 3.50 (Euros). Some titles varied in price, I think the highest I saw was nearly 9 Euros. I bought FX2 (US release, my first DigiPack). The disc was badly damaged, and the price was 3.50, but while checking out (in my very, very limited French) I was able to haggle them to 2 Euros. But I wouldn't expect to get a lower price unless something is damaged, like in my case.

Thankfully I just wanted the digipack, so I was happy! :)

Tomorrow I return to the US, hopefully my LDs and LPs will survive the trip. :D

-Steve

Post subject: Re: Found an LP shop in Paris that had a few LDs, I made a l
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2013, 20:37 
True fan
True fan

Nice !

Thanks for sharing :clap:

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 12:00 
Honest fan
Honest fan

takou wrote:
Nice !

Thanks for sharing :clap:

You're welcome! Maybe I should copy this in the French section of the forum. Who knows, maybe someone is looking for one of these titles. :)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 23:11 
True fan
True fan

Thats a a nice story, especially the part that you´re american and you´re buying an NTSC Laserdisc in Europe...some poor soul has this imported years ago for alot of money, now the baby returns home :-)
Well, I bought myself last year also an NTSC Laserdisc in Marseille, I thought that was funny too...If I ´d go on a trip to paris I definitely would check out the store, but who knows, maybe later this year, so thanks alot -good luck with your Disc :-)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 15:22 
Honest fan
Honest fan

exinferis wrote:
Thats a a nice story, especially the part that you´re american and you´re buying an NTSC Laserdisc in Europe...some poor soul has this imported years ago for alot of money, now the baby returns home :-)
Well, I bought myself last year also an NTSC Laserdisc in Marseille, I thought that was funny too...If I ´d go on a trip to paris I definitely would check out the store, but who knows, maybe later this year, so thanks alot -good luck with your Disc :-)

Haha, I never thought of it that way! One of the discs I bought has a custom plastic sleeve that reads "LD BEST" on it, and the name of a Paris shop. It was fun finding this little nugget of history. :)

FYI - I updated my list so the titles are sorted alphabetically (from A to Z). :) Now that I'm home I'll try to take photos of the items which didn't have a photo in the DB.

Update: DAMN! I forgot... one of the discs at the store had some LD promotional insert in it... it may have been the film titled 'XXL', I don't think I got a photo of it. But I was going to buy it just for the little insert (so I can scan it, it was in French)... but I guess I got too excited and forgot... Oh well, if anyone ever visits the store... take a photo for me. :D

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 20:53 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

limeibook86 wrote:
exinferis wrote:

Haha, I never thought of it that way! One of the discs I bought has a custom plastic sleeve that reads "LD BEST" on it, and the name of a Paris shop. It was fun finding this little nugget of history. :)

FYI - I updated my list so the titles are sorted alphabetically (from A to Z). :) Now that I'm home I'll try to take photos of the items which didn't have a photo in the DB.

Update: DAMN! I forgot... one of the discs at the store had some LD promotional insert in it... it may have been the film titled 'XXL', I don't think I got a photo of it. But I was going to buy it just for the little insert (so I can scan it, it was in French)... but I guess I got too excited and forgot... Oh well, if anyone ever visits the store... take a photo for me. :D

LD BEST :think: I Have some sleeves with their logo on.
Have a few that have Ken Crane's sleeves ....
Small world after all :wave:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 14:21 
Honest fan
Honest fan

kris wrote:
LD BEST :think: I Have some sleeves with their logo on.
Have a few that have Ken Crane's sleeves ....
Small world after all :wave:

Haha, neat! Yes, small world indeed! :)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 07:22 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Thanks for the heads up re: this shop. I'm off to Paris next month; does anyone know of any of shops with LD/VHS?

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 04:01 
check if the shop is still there, this post was 4 years ago... paris has changed a lot in 4 years.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2017, 04:43 
Site Admin
Site Admin

tinkerwb wrote:
check if the shop is still there, this post was 4 years ago... paris has changed a lot in 4 years.

And XXL was added long time ago!

XXL (1997) [LD 87042]

Julien

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2017, 22:23 
True fan
True fan

In the Rue Dante should be a shop with some (US) Laserdiscs..at least that was something I heard.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]