It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:18

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Why do you collect Laserdisc?
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 20:11 
I collect LD's because I'm stupid wasting money on fun stuff!? :lol: :ugeek: :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Why do you collect Laserdisc?
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2017, 13:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I got caught up in the LD madness back in the mid 1980's, I was working in Piscataway, NJ and I would often take a trip down route 20 (I think it was) and stop at some of the malls. In one, there was a Disney store where they sold Disney movies on LD's. I was fascinated by the format and wanted to buy the LD's. The only (and major) problem is that I did not have a player. I remember visiting a Sears store and looking at the players on sale. I wanted one; but, I could not justify the cost so I had to put the idea on a back burner. Fast forward to about 1990 when my mother bought me a Pioneer CLD-980 player and my LD collecting started.

I like LD's for their excellent PQ and SQ compared to VHS tapes and CED's. In the mid 1980's, the price on LD's was somewhere between VHS tapes (~$80) and CED's (~$20). To cut cost, I was a member of the Columbia House Laserdisc of the Month Club. I stayed a member until the Club shutdown due to lack of business brought on by DVD's.

When I play an LD for a guest or guests, I like to show them the disc and say that LD's are much better than the wimpy tiny DVD's (not true; but, it is good for a laugh).
CED
934-54780150, 934.54810350, SJT-200, CED-1, 3-VIP1000, VIP201P

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4