It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:45

Page 5 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 21:34 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I think I found another one. The Lumivision LD release of Communion: Special Edition (1989) [LVD9543] shows a commentary by director Philippe Mora while the special edition DVD by Elite shows a commentary by Philippe Mora and UFO Magazine publisher William J. Birnes.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 16:05 
True fan
True fan

laserdiscoking wrote:
I think I found another one. The Lumivision LD release of Communion: Special Edition (1989) [LVD9543] shows a commentary by director Philippe Mora while the special edition DVD by Elite shows a commentary by Philippe Mora and UFO Magazine publisher William J. Birnes.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure about this. I'll have to look into it deeper.

If anyone has the LD, could you please post here whether the commentary on it has Mora solo or with Birnes as a tandem?

TLK :cool:

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2014, 23:27 
Serious fan
Serious fan

lizardkingjr wrote:
laserdiscoking wrote:

If anyone has the LD, could you please post here whether the commentary on it has Mora solo or with Birnes as a tandem?

I popped in my copy of the LD and I can confirm that the commentary is only by the director, Philippe Mora. I checked a few minutes at the beginning of each side, and a few times further in on each side and there was only one voice.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2014, 02:16 
True fan
True fan

philburque46 wrote:
lizardkingjr wrote:
laserdiscoking wrote:

I popped in my copy of the LD and I can confirm that the commentary is only by the director, Philippe Mora. I checked a few minutes at the beginning of each side, and a few times further in on each side and there was only one voice.

Alright. Very good. Commentary added. Thank you both. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 16:25 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame LD Box Set on the extras disc has songs that weren't included in the final movie. These song segments never made to any other release and the song segments have commentary by composer Alan Menken and lyricist Stephen Schwarz.

PostPosted: 19 May 2015, 11:26 
First post
First post

Does anyone know what happened to the archive of laserdisc commentaries? I downloaded them a few years ago but lost all data on my hard drive, and have been looking for them again.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 16:30 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Is there any "The Crow" LD release that include the "Helmet - Milktoast" music video ?

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2018, 16:45 
Serious fan
Serious fan

You might want to add that the commentary on Out of the Past (1947) [ID7006TU] is different than the DVD/Blu Ray. LD= David Thomson, DVD/Blu= James Ursini.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 19:13 
First post
First post

brmanuk wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether the commentary for Cop Land is an LD exclusive? I know there's a commentary on the extended dvd version, featuring director James Mangold and the cast but the LD one only features director.

you are correct, the LD commentary is exclusive and only features a solo James Mangold commentary, this was NOT ported over to the DVD version. The DVD commentary he is joined by the cast & crew.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2018, 19:28 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Bruce Eder's commentary for Nyoka and the Tigermen (1942) [LV23027] Republic serial. All of the commentaries he did for Republic are laserdisc exclusive and four are already on the list: Macbeth, Pursued, Marjorie Morningstar, and Champion.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2020, 15:24 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I got a real hum dinger! There is a VHS/LD release that in it's entirety, never made it to DVD! It's a 1985 rated R T&A flick called "Screen Test". It seems to be made in the USA but only released in Norway.

What kind of legal trouble do you think the companies would give laserdisc owners for ripping their laserdiscs to a home made DVD so they can watch them? I don't see it as unethical, but some slimy corporate lawyer might!

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2020, 17:58 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

laserhazer wrote:
I got a real hum dinger! There is a VHS/LD release that in it's entirety, never made it to DVD! It's a 1985 rated R T&A flick called "Screen Test". It seems to be made in the USA but only released in Norway.

What kind of legal trouble do you think the companies would give laserdisc owners for ripping their laserdiscs to a home made DVD so they can watch them? I don't see it as unethical, but some slimy corporate lawyer might!

I think I have that movie as well.

And fair use copying is legal. So long as you're not selling them, you're ok. Hell, even if you're selling them, no one really cares too much. Go to any sci-fi/horror convention and they'll be TONS of bootleg movies to be found for sale there.

Page 5 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5