It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 23:20




 Page 5 of 5 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 21:34 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 11:44
Posts: 135
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I think I found another one. The Lumivision LD release of Communion: Special Edition (1989) [LVD9543] shows a commentary by director Philippe Mora while the special edition DVD by Elite shows a commentary by Philippe Mora and UFO Magazine publisher William J. Birnes.
_________________
"Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!"-Senator Russell B. Long
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 16:05 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jan 2010, 02:04
Posts: 296
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
laserdiscoking wrote:
I think I found another one. The Lumivision LD release of Communion: Special Edition (1989) [LVD9543] shows a commentary by director Philippe Mora while the special edition DVD by Elite shows a commentary by Philippe Mora and UFO Magazine publisher William J. Birnes.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure about this. I'll have to look into it deeper.

If anyone has the LD, could you please post here whether the commentary on it has Mora solo or with Birnes as a tandem?

TLK :cool:
_________________
SONY KD-36XS955 HDTV; Pioneer Elite LD-S2; Pioneer RFD-1; Onkyo TX-NR818
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2014, 23:27 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 11:13
Posts: 195
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
lizardkingjr wrote:
laserdiscoking wrote:
I think I found another one. The Lumivision LD release of Communion: Special Edition (1989) [LVD9543] shows a commentary by director Philippe Mora while the special edition DVD by Elite shows a commentary by Philippe Mora and UFO Magazine publisher William J. Birnes.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure about this. I'll have to look into it deeper.

If anyone has the LD, could you please post here whether the commentary on it has Mora solo or with Birnes as a tandem?

TLK :cool:


I popped in my copy of the LD and I can confirm that the commentary is only by the director, Philippe Mora. I checked a few minutes at the beginning of each side, and a few times further in on each side and there was only one voice.
_________________
CLD-D704 (Main), DVL-700 (Backup), Sony MOD RF1 (Main demod), Sony SDP-EP9ES (Backup demod)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2014, 02:16 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jan 2010, 02:04
Posts: 296
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
philburque46 wrote:
lizardkingjr wrote:
laserdiscoking wrote:
I think I found another one. The Lumivision LD release of Communion: Special Edition (1989) [LVD9543] shows a commentary by director Philippe Mora while the special edition DVD by Elite shows a commentary by Philippe Mora and UFO Magazine publisher William J. Birnes.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure about this. I'll have to look into it deeper.

If anyone has the LD, could you please post here whether the commentary on it has Mora solo or with Birnes as a tandem?

TLK :cool:


I popped in my copy of the LD and I can confirm that the commentary is only by the director, Philippe Mora. I checked a few minutes at the beginning of each side, and a few times further in on each side and there was only one voice.

Alright. Very good. Commentary added. Thank you both. :thumbup:

TLK :cool:
_________________
SONY KD-36XS955 HDTV; Pioneer Elite LD-S2; Pioneer RFD-1; Onkyo TX-NR818
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 16:25 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2005, 15:38
Posts: 2762
Location: Pennsylvania
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame LD Box Set on the extras disc has songs that weren't included in the final movie. These song segments never made to any other release and the song segments have commentary by composer Alan Menken and lyricist Stephen Schwarz.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LaserDisc Commentaries NOT on DVD/BD
PostPosted: 19 May 2015, 11:26 
First post
First post
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 05:16
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Does anyone know what happened to the archive of laserdisc commentaries? I downloaded them a few years ago but lost all data on my hard drive, and have been looking for them again.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: