It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:17

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Firefox [13922] (LBX/SRD)
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2014, 00:50 
True fan
True fan

Firefox (1982) [13922]

The film:
In my opinion, Firefox is quite under-rated. Clint Eastwood's direction is very well done, the performances are excellent, the story is interesting, and the cinematography is absolutely fantastic (It makes very good use of the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.) My only problem with the movie is that some scenes are extremely boring (this is mainly what brings my score down), but most of the time it's pretty good entertainment.

3.5/5

Video quality:
The film transfer on this Laserdisc release of Firefox is just excellent. The colors are very lively and bright, the image is extremely sharp, and there's a nice small amount of natural grain. I compared a newer VHS release to this Laserdisc, and the Laserdisc just completely stomps all over the VHS. My particular copy of this release has some fairly light rot speckles, but it is still very watchable.

5/5

Audio Quality:
The audio quality of the Dolby Surround soundtrack is also very nice. Everything sounds lively and clear with little to no defects.

5/5

Packaging:
The front cover art represents the original film poster very well, and the back is also pretty decent. Sadly, however, there is no Gatefold (like most Warner Home Video US releases). I am currently on the lookout for the Japanese Widescreen release as that one apparently has a Gatefold Jacket. If I ever get it, I'll write another review for that release.

3/5

If any of you want me to take any pictures, I will try to do my best (although, they still may not represent it too well).

Post subject: Re: Firefox [13922] (LBX/SRD)
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 05:44 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

i heartily agree; superb movie, criminally unloved...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]