It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Who Framed Roger Rabbit Pal Widescreen Edition (EE 1168)
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 23:04 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) [EE 1168]

Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Perhaps one of the first films I can remember seeing at the cinema and has remained one of my favourites. I was delighted with my £5 purchase for this classic on LD. The print is perfect with zero rot issues.

The film is presented by Encore Entertainment LTD in CLV format over two sides in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio. The colours are a little washed out but I suspect this is done intentionally to mimic the 40's setting of the film. The sound track is simply denoted as Dolby Surround and does the job more than adequately. The film itself is an absolute classic marking the first time we see Disney and Warner Brothers characters together on screen and rewriting the rule book for combining live action and animation. In a style like LD vs DVD, analogue vs digital, hand drawn animation vs computer generated animation Who Framed Roger Rabbit has a charm that modern animation lacks.

Additionally the package boasts a single sided CAV disc with 3 Roger Rabbit cartoons on. Perhaps the most over the top stupid cartoon strips of all time the 3 bonus cartoons are hilarious. The cartoons in question are Tummy Trouble, Roller Coaster Rabbit and Trail Mix-Up. 24 minutes of cartoon gold.

Post subject: Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit Pal Widescreen Edition (EE1168)
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 23:34 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Wow. I didn't know those shorts were included with the PAL release.

If you ever get a chance, check out Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) [11670 AS]. The commentary is as unique as the movie itself.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]