It is currently 06 May 2024, 01:57

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Star Wars: L'Empire contre-attaque: Edition Spéciale (1997)
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 13:58 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Star Wars: L'Empire contre-attaque: Edition Spéciale (1997) [609835]

I almost passed this title up at our local flea market but since it is Star Wars, how could I resist, and since they only wanted 2€....what more needs said?

The picture quality is positively superb for a PAL transfer and the sharpness is second to none....It was hard to believe it was not a DVD. The sound is also equally superb and forceful where it needs to be, but also quite crisp and clear at the same time, no muddy dialogue here. This is a title that was quite a surprise for me in PAL-land since I had never seen any of the French THX releases of Star Wars before and had assumed that they would all be pretty much like those that came before them. Not the case with this release!!! My only slight complaint would be the opening crawl, which seems a bit on the fuzzy side, but after that crawl things change drastically and for the better! The laserdisc opens with a "making of" featurette. There are chapter stops encoded on this release and the short feauturette can be skipped. I think that featurette would have been served at the end of the movie instead of opening with it. If you speak French this laserdisc should not be passed up as it is an excellent transfer with no aliasing, no chroma noise and excellent, clear dubbing that is spot on....I highly recommend this version!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]