It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:14

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Indiana Jones: La trilogie [PLFFS 33941]
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 12:10 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Indiana Jones: La trilogie [PLFFS 33941]

This a review for the PAL French trilogy of the Indiana Jones films. The database lists this set as having the first 3,000 copies numbered with a special sticker while the second reissue was issued without numbering. I was told that the first 5,000 original sets had this numbering scheme, which is why my copy number sticker is marked 3,170, thereby proving that to be inaccurate.

The artwork on this set is what really grabs your attention. The box color is like a rusty brick color with Egyptian motifs around the borders on both sides of the box and the spine. Some of the decorative elements on the front and back are very shiny and contrast well with the artwork...it must have been very expensive to have printed in this way. Each of the three movies slip inside the open end of the outer box and all three covers use matching artwork done in a gold color. The first two movies from the series require only one disc each, while the third film requires two discs. Each disc has the same gold colored label that matches the artwork of the covers. As far as I can tell each title was also issued seperately using the exact same artwork as in this box set. That could be nice if you damaged one of the discs from the set or found a rotter inside! Basically with this set, you just get a very nice box that they all fit into without the possibility of putting each movie into a protective plastic sleeve since the box fits too snugly for that. With that being said, there are no extras of any kind with this set, unlike the UK set which contains an hour documentary on the forth side of "the last crusade".

The picture quality is quite nice throughout the three movies, although there is some not too attractive aliasing on "Raiders of the lost ark", which seems to be typical for that title on laserdisc. The other two films in the series seem to be about reference quality with nice sound and saturated colors. All the films seem to be clean transfers on this release and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary when viewing them, other than what I mentioned above regarding "raiders". There is no rot on any of the four discs either. A nice set to have in ones collection.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]