It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Don Johnson - Dead Bang (658)
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 22:26 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Dead Bang (1989) [658]

Jacket presents Don Johnson holding a rifle with the text in cursive: "For one cop this isn't just a case. It's a war."
The title says it all, it is an action movie and doesn't need any more explanation.

Program content: Lorimar Film Entertainment Company 1989.
Artwork & Design: Warner Bros. Inc.
Disc manufacturer: Pioneer Video Inc., by license under several pending patents.

The copy was dirty when I received it and I gave it a good clean with Novus products to restore the shiny finish of this beauty.

The film is presented in the aspect ratio of 1.33:1 with Dolby surround and delivers a sharp and sturdy picture with vibrant colors. I bet this release is one of the few reference quality movies I can relate to in my collection. Though the laserdisc player used is mediocre at most, the playback gives an impression what the format is capable of.
Equipment used: Pioneer DVL-909, Panasonic TH50PZ800.

I have rated this release based on the products artwork & design, picture and sound quality.

Artwork & design (jacket - inner sleeve): 3 out of 5 Image - Typical old Warner release with printed inner sleeve.
Picture: 5 out of 5 Image
Sound: 4 out of 5 Image - Nothing really special about the sound quality, but it delivers quite good!

Post subject: Re: Don Johnson - Dead Bang (658)
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 02:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

i almost picked this up at a thrift a few years back, but decided against it at the last moment.
i remember my dad watching this a few times in my childhood. fairly generic 80's action cop drama, IIRC.

(it HAS been a good 20 years or more since i seen it last, so i could of course be quite mistaken)

only remarkable thing i recall was Don Johnson with an INGRAM M-10 assault pistol towards the end.
i've always been a sucker for those; iconic firearm of the 1980's,
even if they were in fact absolute garbage in reality.

there must have been 50+ other discs in there that day, mostly garbage B flicks i wasn't the least bit interested in.
it figures the one time i really hit the LD jackpot at my nowhere'sville GOODWILL,
it JUST HAD to be the collection of some individual with REALLY crummy taste in movies.

anyhow, there was also the remote for the CLD-1010, but no player anywhere to be found.
the remote was thrashed, so i left it as well. you win some, you lose some, i suppose...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]