It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:23

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: anime
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 01:25 
Honest fan
Honest fan

If anyone is interested in a 2 box set of Hyper Police http://corvallis.craigslist.org/emd/2764481282.html location is 15 miles or so from me, so I can act as a go between if necessary.
BTW- she sent me big pics, ask and I'll forward them to you.

No affiliation with the seller.

Post subject: Re: anime
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 17:46 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello alchemy541,

I do enjoy selected ANIME works on Laserdisc.

I tried to look at the address you provided but unfortunatley I was unable to view this title.

Thank you for placing this on the site thou.

I shall hopefully receive the box set of the japanese series ''BLUE SUBMERINE'' in the next few months, currently reserved with a seller.

Regards

:thumbup:

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 17:50 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Looks like the link expired and it hasn't been re-run by the seller.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 18:06 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hey alchemy541,

Never mind these things happen.

Do you collect much ANIME on Laserdisc?

Regards

:)

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 18:20 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I have maybe a dozen, I don't collect them per se, always willing to throw them into a trade though. I have a handful of this series http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/08997/AD0 ... %281983%29

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 21:39 
Hi! my name is Alex. I'm not a true "fan" of laserdiscs, i like buying older stuff i'm interested in regardless of the format.
so, I've a laserdisc of which I made a rip a couple of months ago, this one:

http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/11809/PIL ... en!!-(1986)

(maybe it can be of interest for someone that a rip of this 25 minutes long anime was exactly 40 GB worth of space!)

After i made the rip I've lost interest in the laserdisc itself and I'm willing to sell it, but before going through the pain of putting it up for sale on ebay and having to deal with people I would like to understand if there could actually be someone interested in it (which I suppose is likely to be, since this laserdisc appears to be in the wishlist of two people).
I'm also writing this because I would rather sell it to true laserdisc lovers rather than to a random guy.
the page for this laserdisc on lddb.com says it should cost about 4500 yen, so I think I'll sell it at 45 euro (40 euro + 5 euro in order to cover ebay fees) although I'm pretty sure it is worth at least a bit more than that.

p.s.: i know i could ask for seller rights here on this site and I myself would rather sell it here on lddb but I have already asked and was denied those rights, I guess because I haven't sold stuff before so I don't have those feedbacks as a seller that the admin asked me about (but my account on ebay is a perfect 100% positive after 24 purchases).

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 23:24 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

reidinanto wrote:
Hi! my name is Alex. I'm not a true "fan" of laserdiscs, i like buying older stuff i'm interested in regardless of the format.
so, I've a laserdisc of which I made a rip a couple of months ago, this one:

http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/11809/PIL ... en!!-(1986)

(maybe it can be of interest for someone that a rip of this 25 minutes long anime was exactly 40 GB worth of space!)

After i made the rip I've lost interest in the laserdisc itself and I'm willing to sell it, but before going through the pain of putting it up for sale on ebay and having to deal with people I would like to understand if there could actually be someone interested in it (which I suppose is likely to be, since this laserdisc appears to be in the wishlist of two people).
I'm also writing this because I would rather sell it to true laserdisc lovers rather than to a random guy.
the page for this laserdisc on lddb.com says it should cost about 4500 yen, so I think I'll sell it at 45 euro (40 euro + 5 euro in order to cover ebay fees) although I'm pretty sure it is worth at least a bit more than that.

p.s.: i know i could ask for seller rights here on this site and I myself would rather sell it here on lddb but I have already asked and was denied those rights, I guess because I haven't sold stuff before so I don't have those feedbacks as a seller that the admin asked me about (but my account on ebay is a perfect 100% positive after 24 purchases).

I can't seem to find much info on this disc...could you explain what's on it (in more detail)?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 14:25 
hi people. maybe it can be of interest for someone that i've put on sale on ebay the disc i talked about some time ago (see posts above).

since someone had asked for further details, here it is: in 1984 first appeared and then was serialized on Weekly Shounen Jump the manga series Orange Road.

Since the manga became rapidly popular, a producer thought to make an anime series based on it but before doing so he commissioned a pilot episode (the one i'm selling), in order to test the appreciation for a possible animated series.

the pilot episode was first released in theatres in Japan, in 1985 if my memory serves me right, so before the 48 episodes series. and shortly after the thetrical release was made a laserdisc out of it.

this pilot episode is basically a common episode. plot: the trio plus yuusaku and the young cousin of kasuka go on holiday (i think to okinawa, not sure about that). yuusaku sets a plan to win hikaru's heart, while kasuka and madoka live a troblesome adventure underwater.

it's also notable that the character design is slight different from that of the anime (ayukawa has brown eyes).

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]