It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:21

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Panasonic Projection TV on London Freecycle (UK)
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014, 01:48 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Don't have room for this, maybe someone else here is in the UK and can get in quick

https://groups.freecycle.org/group/west ... sonic%20TV

Post subject: Re: Panasonic Projection TV on London Freecycle (UK)
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 19:33 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Panasonics last ever UK rear projection 47'' inch was a fine looking TV, of which I nearly purchased at the time brand new, however I went for the Pioneer 50'' inch.......that cost a fine fortune and took more than a couple of years to pay for in the shop before I could take home...........Still have this today for laserdisc in the bedroom and the KURO 9060 in the living room.

2015 I may be looking at purchasing the New SONY 75'' 4K inch slighlty curved screen, of which premiered at IFA Autumn 2014.
I know a SONY rep who has said please come to him and he can offer 30% discount.
The SONY UK websites price is £7,600 to 800 if I am not mistaken.
With the 30% discount this would be and with further retail sale offer could be as little as £3, 900 or possibly less
The inbuilt speaker array is quite substantial including the sub, and the build quality is quite something special indeed.

We shall see......The only other reason why I would hesitate would only because of the final 4K specs for Blu-ray matching the TV's

The above screen has legacy inputs an so I can connect my Laserdisc player to this.

Thank you for letting the forum members know about the freecycle item Friend

Kind Regards

:wave: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 23:01 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I would hold off on 4k tv. Hdmi2.0 is out but hdcp2.2 isnt settled yet. Also its not certain if 4k is gonna have the same color space as bd (rec.709). There is a slim chance they might go with rec.2020 which is way more color accuracy than rec.709 however there currently no tv that can match rec.2020.

Hdcp2.2 can be implemented via sw but colorspace is a display issue. If you buy a set this year and they roll 4k bds with rec.2020 end of 2015. Your tv will be immediately obsolete.

For anyone aiming top end tv, I dont recommend anytime before late 2015.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 02:08 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

substance wrote:
I would hold off on 4k tv. Hdmi2.0 is out but hdcp2.2 isnt settled yet. Also its not certain if 4k is gonna have the same color space as bd (rec.709). There is a slim chance they might go with rec.2020 which is way more color accuracy than rec.709 however there currently no tv that can match rec.2020.

Hdcp2.2 can be implemented via sw but colorspace is a display issue. If you buy a set this year and they roll 4k bds with rec.2020 end of 2015. Your tv will be immediately obsolete.

For anyone aiming top end tv, I dont recommend anytime before late 2015.

Good evening substance,

I totally agree with your kind advice Friend and thank you for your input on this matter.

Kind Regards

:thumbup: :wave:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 18:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Sorry for the delay replying - I've been moderately lucky with Freecycle (got a 32" LCD TV not long ago) and try to check my local groups every day for anything that might be useful or interesting. But I don't have house room for a big projection TV, or a vehicle that could transport it, so if I see anything like that and it doesn't seem to be a scam I pass it on to the forum, seems a good way to find someone who might appreciate it and use it properly.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]