It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Best RGBHV video cable ever is mine
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 23:42 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I just received a 25 ft. length of BNC terminated analog RGBHV that is absurd in girth and the best of it's kind around. Thickness on the order of a garden hose, this is the stuff known as "snake cable" used in broadcast video and exotic applications where no signal loss/interference is tolerated, so each color and the H V signals have a dedicated piece of full size coax, and the BNCs have nice metal shells as well. 25 ft. of this with Belden cable is over $300 from Blue Jeans, and Key Digital probably charged more than that for this example new (Key Digital Cobra). I've been trolling the 'Bay for ages for one of these and snagged it for like $30 - it was new leftover from an install - and the seller has another one left.

I love ridiculous overkill like this. I have a nice Panasonic commercial DLP that doesn't do HDMI so I plan to use this to connect my HTPC, a Faroudja LD-100 (neat old beast should decode NTSC and deinterlace to VGA well enough), and whatever else spits out RGB for a home theater build I've been hoarding stuff for. Routing this stuff should be interesting - it's HEAVY so it need to be secured at the connections or it will rip them out :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]