It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: SONY's KD-75X9405C 75 INCH SCREEN
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015, 22:40 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good day Guys & Girls,

Some people ''I think and I could be wrong here so apologies in advance''

SONY has its own unique design here, and are fully aware of the likes and dislike that customers may be faced with when looking at such an investment, and when having this elegant piece of engineering demonstration granted to them when in pursuit for a 4K screen.

There are so many reasons for SONY's design choices and, equally the potential and also loyal SONY product customers who may embark on the 4K journey with excitement and yet anticipation.

Choices to be faced such as how large can one go the style ect:
Is this screen to big for some people / room size, are my eyes bigger than my room, to the no optional detachable speakers, not liking the stand, wrong color, to expensive, not knowing if the specs will be up to, or ready enough for the new 3K Blu-Ray disc format (announced for December 2015 release), android software, user intuitiveness, or the remote and menus ect, passive or active 3D glasses (yes or no to either.) even the inputs and how many are needed by each potential purchaser the list goes on.

at the current UK SRP of £7,499 although John Lewis will sell this for £6,499 or less, and the SONY Rep that I know will be able to get this down to just under £5000.........still not cheap but then that pretty much what I paid for my 60'' KURO way back.
It took two years to purchase thou reserved in a warehouse.

For me personally I am looking at all of the above, I have Laserdisc, DVD, HD-DVD & Blu-Ray and so would like my investment to be able to be integrated with all..........

I don't want the tuner side of things though, as I do not watch and channels and only watch prerecorded material on disc or the additional possible use of a memory stick who knows.

For me personally I am not fond of the curved screens, although SONY do have a more subtle curve, of which may appeal to far more people who would otherwise be put off by the current offerings. is this just a fad, or will this persist one may ask.

SONY were behind for many years, going from tube, projection, rear projectors and then to flat screens.
The last approximately four years have been an interesting & testing time for this manufacturer.

For they have shed many areas of their loss making businesses, sold off properties around the World, P.C. and laptop, and ericsson partnerships reduced business they have surely cut the amount of debts, and now the TV side of SONY is now wholly owned by them.

Oh boy are they determined to get back on top, and for me personally it shows..........

I am a good deal closer than before, in going down the 4K route in SONY's direction.

Most of their screens if not all over the size of 32 inches are now built by themselves, and I have been watching with deep and patient interest, as I do want them to return to their top quality position of which they do deserve, for there is a loyal fanbase out there....... I am one of those to be sure.

I feel that SONY's build quality is ''no 1'' and beats 98% of the competition with the exception of possibly Panasonic in going the extra mile, in paying this added attention to build quality.

Knowing one has made a good purchase of something, and that the manufacturer is fully aware of their reputation with others.

The recognized importance & the need to maintain a high quality of build expected, the old yet same values that people expect even today then people will return.

I personally like the seamless screen with speakers approach and the fact that the screens picture leaps out at you from the dark surround frame, elegance in motion, of which exudes confidence to the potential beholder.............. also has the appearance of a floating screen effect of which I can personally and deeply appreciate.

Thank you for reading

Kindest Regards to everyone

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]