It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:17

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eval board enclosure.
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2021, 00:23 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I finally made something I find useable and presentable. I gutted an old Faroudja processor and put the eval board, Raspberry Pi (to auto run script), HDCP stripper (my HTPC has an issue with it), and power supply all inside.

Everything works with a front mounted switch and I also wired in the front "on" LED light and replaced the stock (loud) fan with a silent Noctua.

This is all in one solution, front switch powers on eval and Raspberry Pi which runs the eval board script with no user interaction required.

Eval 480i -> Crystalio II 480p -> HTPC / MadVR 2160p -> Projector

Post subject: Re: Eval board enclosure.
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2021, 16:29 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I know you'll take this the wrong way coming from me but I just wanted to comment on your GREAT work although I think gutting that Faroudja is sacrilegious!

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2021, 16:15 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

sonicboom wrote:
I know you'll take this the wrong way coming from me but I just wanted to comment on your GREAT work although I think gutting that Faroudja is sacrilegious!

Maybe share your name, I have no idea who you are or what if any interaction we have had.

The Faroudja was basically useless and I put inside a very high quality piece of NTSC gear, I think Yves would approve lol.

PostPosted: 03 May 2021, 16:05 
Serious fan
Serious fan

pbiancardi wrote:
sonicboom wrote:

Maybe share your name, I have no idea who you are or what if any interaction we have had.

The Faroudja was basically useless and I put inside a very high quality piece of NTSC gear, I think Yves would approve lol.

Peter, my name is right there. Always has been. I put it in the signature where names sometimes go. Its a pretty small community of people here or on LDF (and even smaller on 4K80i).

Sorry you're still sore about...whatever.

Have a wonderful day Peter!

XO

PostPosted: 04 May 2021, 14:03 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

sonicboom wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:
sonicboom wrote:

Peter, my name is right there. Always has been. I put it in the signature where names sometimes go. Its a pretty small community of people here or on LDF (and even smaller on 4K80i).

Sorry you're still sore about...whatever.

Have a wonderful day Peter!

XO

So "Kevin" I guess is Kevin Coons, one in a long line of haters who hate for no reason......

PostPosted: 17 May 2021, 16:14 
Serious fan
Serious fan

pbiancardi wrote:
So "Kevin" I guess is Kevin Coons, one in a long line of haters who hate for no reason......

A long list of haters in your life speaks a lot of truth. It makes perfect sense that you don't understand the reasons people take offense or disliking to you.

Sorry Peter, I just stopped drinking the Kool-Aid and decided I don't need to compete with or follow your path down the rabbit hole. I foolishly thought there was an end and that at some point LD would magically become HD quality based on posts you made and technology that was unobtanium would somehow make LD THAT much better. I became obsessed with all things LD tech and wanted the best I could get. I think I have that now but don't claim its better than anyone else's system or even as good as it could be. My initial comment that you took offense to was only to say that you, who push the envelope with video processing for LD, have already moved onto yet another process now involving MadVR. Another prominent LD personality had already pointed that out. The EVAL board is soooo last week was just a fun little joke not meant to be offensive but I apologize if that's how you see it.

In the end I guess I just don't care as much about video processing as you do. I'm ok with that. You're just going to keep spending and digging that hole and that's fine too! I just don't need to follow suit mostly because I don't have the extra money it requires. I'm SO much happier now that I've decided to not worry about other people's set ups and just do me. I don't need an EVAL board or an R7G or MadVR.

I thought you were a person that had achieved the best set up (maybe that's true) and was a nice enough person that wanted to talk shop with others but it became obvious that we didn't communicate very well via the internet (imagine that!).

I don't hate you Peter I'm just disappointed that we never could communicate in a amicable way. I was actually trying to be your friend from day one. We might both have strong opinions on things and even disagree at times but what bothered me most was your tone and condescending nature (see your response above). The way you treated people was rude and at times unfair. You then went so far as to create your own safe space (4K80i) so you could control the narrative and the population when people called you out on that. There are other LD FB groups out there solely based on shaming or making fun of people in the "main" group mostly for being new or lacking knowledge about the format. I think that's gross but whatever. You can be their ring leader for all I care.

I'm just a dude out here in Los Angeles doing my own thing and enjoying this fun format and hobby on my own terms. I'm not taking myself too seriously or judging anyone else by their screenshots or basic questions. I'm just having fun.

You should try it :)

PostPosted: 18 May 2021, 19:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

sonicboom wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:

A long list of haters in your life speaks a lot of truth. It makes perfect sense that you don't understand the reasons people take offense or disliking to you.

Sorry Peter, I just stopped drinking the Kool-Aid and decided I don't need to compete with or follow your path down the rabbit hole. I foolishly thought there was an end and that at some point LD would magically become HD quality based on posts you made and technology that was unobtanium would somehow make LD THAT much better. I became obsessed with all things LD tech and wanted the best I could get. I think I have that now but don't claim its better than anyone else's system or even as good as it could be. My initial comment that you took offense to was only to say that you, who push the envelope with video processing for LD, have already moved onto yet another process now involving MadVR. Another prominent LD personality had already pointed that out. The EVAL board is soooo last week was just a fun little joke not meant to be offensive but I apologize if that's how you see it.

In the end I guess I just don't care as much about video processing as you do. I'm ok with that. You're just going to keep spending and digging that hole and that's fine too! I just don't need to follow suit mostly because I don't have the extra money it requires. I'm SO much happier now that I've decided to not worry about other people's set ups and just do me. I don't need an EVAL board or an R7G or MadVR.

I thought you were a person that had achieved the best set up (maybe that's true) and was a nice enough person that wanted to talk shop with others but it became obvious that we didn't communicate very well via the internet (imagine that!).

I don't hate you Peter I'm just disappointed that we never could communicate in a amicable way. I was actually trying to be your friend from day one. We might both have strong opinions on things and even disagree at times but what bothered me most was your tone and condescending nature (see your response above). The way you treated people was rude and at times unfair. You then went so far as to create your own safe space (4K80i) so you could control the narrative and the population when people called you out on that. There are other LD FB groups out there solely based on shaming or making fun of people in the "main" group mostly for being new or lacking knowledge about the format. I think that's gross but whatever. You can be their ring leader for all I care.

I'm just a dude out here in Los Angeles doing my own thing and enjoying this fun format and hobby on my own terms. I'm not taking myself too seriously or judging anyone else by their screenshots or basic questions. I'm just having fun.

You should try it :)

Post liked by Rein-O, another on the list of irrational haters. You guys have a wonderful day and life.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]