It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:50

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Brand new in box Lumagen Radiance 2144 for trade [SOLD]
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 01:28 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

As I have mentioned before in many places, I have a second Radiance 2144 which I haven't used even a single hour. It's in the manufacturers box with all contents. I downsized on my LD gear in the past few months and I have a Radiance Pro 4449 along with my main Radiance 2144. I no longer need this second R2144. I am hoping to use it as a trade collateral. I will list some items I am looking for as possible trade options.

As usual, this item will come with the Legendary Substance support even well after the purchase.

Keep in mind this is a current product with an msrp of $4500 and generally available for $3500 as the lowest street price. Open box b-stock units are $3000. I am looking for a trade equivalent of $2500 here (another $500 off from the lowest price anywhere). I doubt I will have any items worth $2500 in my list so it will have to be a combination of multi-items or items+cash.

Looking for only Complete and Clean items. No Obi = no trade. Minor wear and tear is ok but no heavy creasing, rips, marks, cut outs.

Possible trades(I will update this list later):

Any HD-VMD titles ( no they are not UMDs)

Panasonic TU-MDC100

HVMC-14593 A few good men

PA-HD76505 Breakfast at Tiffany's

PA-HD80350 Out of Africa

PA-HD80873 Twins

PA-HD81078 Backdraft

PA-HD81279 Death becomes her

PA-HD81287 Far and away

PILH-1006 A river runs through it

PILH-1009 Jumanji

PILH-7003 Showgirls

00MW-0003 Imperial wedding ceremony

COLE-50001 Greece

PILH-2001 It's real - Suzuka GP F1 1991-92

VALJ-3901/2 Keith Jarrett Trio live '93

ALD-3904 DeJohnette, Hancock, Holland, Metheny

PILH-3001 Tristan und Isolde (Deutsche Oper Berlin)

Item is sold!

Last edited by substance on 21 Feb 2018, 23:04, edited 2 times in total. _________________
Coming Soon
Derman Labs
Anything Of Substance

Post subject: Re: Brand new in box Lumagen Radiance 2144 for trade
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 02:30 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I didn't buy mine from him but he still supports me and you cannot put a price on this man's knowledge...

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 03:03 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I'll second that; and no I'm not trading any of my titles!

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2017, 01:22 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Sale currently pending. I will update the original post when I am home

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 10:31 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Dear Substance,
My HLD-X0 died recently, and I sold it today as junk on yahoo auction.
I decided to stop my Muse collection. And I will sold my 5 movies in Muse. (Stargate, In the line of fire, Backdraft, Imperial wedding of the japanese prince, Cliffhanger)
I will focus on normal LD and I would like to acquire a lumigen 2144.
If you are interrested, I can mail you picture of my movies. (I forget what was the their condition. I have to check too !)
For the Lumigen, I was thinking of spending around 100.000 yens + My movies (If you don't want some movies, I can sell them for around 20.000 yens each on yahoo auction, and then pay you the difference.)
I wait for your mail !
Lumagen 2144 (scaler)
Collection

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 00:21 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Mimy, thanks for the interest. I am already negotiating a deal with someone who contacted me on the same I posted this add. I have already included that sale is pending. It seems the sale is going through. If any change, I will update here that the item is available for trade. Thanks again!

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 00:36 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Thank you substance for your response !
From now I will try to gather around 200.000 - 300.000 yens in my wallet (It will take me some month^^).
By selling movies and others.
Do you think you can help me in the future to find a Lumagen 2144 or 2124 for around this price ?
I will need you and your experience !
Lumagen 2144 (scaler)
Collection

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 01:16 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Yes. I have a couple of contacts that can get you the best price on new or b-stock(refurbished/traded in) units. I can also help with the shipping to Japan if they don’t want to deal with the international shipping. Let me know when you are ready. Does your backdraft copy have obi sticker and in good condition? How about the imperial wedding. I would be interested in purchasing these from you.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 01:22 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Thank you Substance !
I MP You pictures of the 2LDs!
Lumagen 2144 (scaler)
Collection

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 12:46 
First post
First post

I'm am looking for a 2124. They have been discontinued. Will go for a 2144 if needed. Anyone looking to sell one? Thanks.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 23:08 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

This time item is sold. 21xx line is no longer made. They made a total of 400 units for the 2144. Lumagen has a very limited stock left. Once those are gone, there will be no more new ones. I might convince Jim to make another small batch as long as there is enough interest.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 10:44 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

^10,000 LDs! 8-) :mrgreen:

If I was a millionaire (or even an average income earner) and had all the other toys on my shopping list I'd get a 2144, it seems like a very cool piece of hardware and the ultimate of its kind.

However I see LD fans point as well, it's a very cool but very expensive piece of gear that can fail.

I'm also currently very happy with my LD picture from both my players. They feed into the refurbished DVDO-VP50 I got off ebay for $200 and that feeds into my Sony HD CRT.

The VP50 doesn't do much for improving the LD picture, but it allows underscan adjustment (vital for adjusting the actual aspect ratio and not losing any picture on widescreen titles) and doesn't degrade the picture while facilitating automatic source switching between devices (HTPC, DVD player).

So my experience is rocking out to Suzuki Ami JOIN CLIPS on DVD, putting that away and pressing play on my LD player with Minako Honda Virgin Live and that automatically appearing on the TV and the audio being routed to my system as well. And the picture looks perfect to me, just that soft smooth and subtle LD picture I love. Total down time for my system about 1 minute when I eject my DVD and power down the DVD player so it's not detected anymore.

So yeah if the VP50 fails then I'm out $200 and some convenience but I'll still be able to enjoy my discs the way I like and no biggie. But if I take out a loan to get a 2144 I might not even like the "improved" LD picture and I'll get the same switching ability I already have and if it fails then I'm out thousands..

I'm glad I did get into a video processor a few years ago based on reading here though, it has improved my LD viewing life, even though it's another link in the chain, it's a worthwhile one.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2018, 00:59 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The Lumagen isn't just for LDs....

I use mine to upscale LD, DVD, HDDVD, and Blu Ray to UHD resolution to feed my projectors. I also use it's auto calibration function to make sure all of those are set to near perfect levels of color and grayscale calibration. So to say the money spent on a 2144 is just to chase a better LD picture isn't exactly accurate, it does much more.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2018, 02:06 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

How can I jump in on this to promote and make some money off of this :think:

Post subject: Re: Brand new in box Lumagen Radiance 2144 for trade [SOLD]
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 00:19 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Rein-o, I didn’t make a single dollar from any of the Lumagen sales here or anywhere. Others will back me up on this, I have never asked for compensation in any means for any of my advice and help.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 00:33 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

substance wrote:
Rein-o, I didn’t make a single dollar from any of the Lumagen sales here or anywhere. Others will back me up on this, I have never asked for compensation in any means for any of my advice and help.

OK Its just funny how you, admin and one or two others keep pumping this unit and it seems like a sales pitch.

Guess its just my reading it wrong as a salesperson myself.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 16:06 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
OK Its just funny how you, admin and one or two others keep pumping this unit and it seems like a sales pitch.

Guess its just my reading it wrong as a salesperson myself.

So sometimes in this world it's hard not to be a cynic. But why is it so hard to believe that people happy with a product they use would say good things about it? Do you really think Lumagen owners are all on some kind of commission based on how many units they 'inspire' people to buy or the number of positive comments they make? (I'd have been saying a hell of a lot more if that was the case.)

rein-o wrote:

Congratulations on getting your new toy :thumbup:

I have no idea as to your issue but please post about your progress when using it how you like it etc.

Excuse me for putting on the cynics hat myself here, but after the first quote it's almost like you're hoping with eager anticipation for some imperfections or flaws to show up. Well nothing's perfect so let me ease the anticipation.

I find more often than was the case with my DVDO Duo that for de-interlacing you get a better result by switching to film or video mode rather than auto. Auto on the Duo was very 'set and forget'. But then if you actually read all of what substance has had to say where he's expressed opinions of various video processors you might have expected that anyway - I wasn't surprised.

And here's a new one for you. I personally don't like how the 2144 handles some component video input. By some I mean old gear like my Muse decoders and W-VHS decks. Seems to be fine with BD and DVD etc. The Duo has different options for adjusting the component inputs that just seem to work better for these. So I make the best of both worlds by freeing up all of the analogue inputs on the 2144 for composite, then for component the Duo does the digitisation and the de-interlacing (which as substance has said is 'second to none'). But this is fed totally unscaled to the Lumagen via HDMI to do the (minor) scaling that is required for Muse (the excellent scaling is after all a major Lumagen strength). I vaguely recall an email from Jim where he mentioned something to do with a lack of consistency in component video making things difficult.

And when mentioning Jim you cannot avoid mentioning the incredible support and customer service that as a purchaser you get from Lumagen. I had a s**t of a time getting mine setup which eventually turned out to be due to how I had previously handled the difference of 0IRE vs 7.5IRE; it seemed there was a fault with my unit. The effort to resolve this included them shipping out new boards to me (and return freight) at no cost. Once we realised the problem was essentially my fault they soon issued updated firmware to switch between these for composite which had not been an option previously.

Oh dear, look, now I've been doing a bit of a sales pitch. (Better email off a screenshot to Lumagen to get my commission!).

And I can definitely say substamce did not benefit from the purchase of my unit. In fact if I had been smarter and involved him I might have saved a significant amount of money. As for Julien I purchased mine well before him. so not too hard to work that out.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 16:37 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I never thought of you or mimy as any sales people.
But when there are others who were actually sales people in the past and present then I have to get my aluminium foil on the walls
and wonder if there is a conspiracy.

I do hope that Mimy enjoys the new toy, I'm sure its a great product and fun to use and enjoy.

But there are issues when everybody is talking about how good the koolaid is and then have some contact etc. with the people selling them.

Substance cleared it up by posting that he has no dealings with making money on the situation, so that again is cleared up.

Just wondered at the time about everybody jumping in, if there was money to make I wanted a taste also 8-)

I am happy to all who have enough money to enjoy another part of their LD/Home Theater hobby and now feel safe to remove the foil from my walls :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 16:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Cool.

Yeah it's better with the foil off!
Attachment:
tin foil hat.jpg
tin foil hat.jpg [ 39.75 KiB | Viewed 6071 times ]

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 17:11 
Jedi Master