It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 15:09

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Watermarks on LDDB Pictures really necessary
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 21:23 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Well what does everybody think.
I know they are removed when you sign in but other sites like discogs have no watermarks that I can see when not signed in.

Post subject: Re: Watermarks on LDDB Pictures really necessary
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2017, 01:00 
True fan
True fan

rein-o wrote:
I know they are removed when you sign in but other sites like discogs have no watermarks that I can see when not signed in.

One sort of good thing about the watermarks are that on auction sites (ebay) you will often see LDs for sale with a grabbed picture from LDDb.com where the seller has not bothered to take a picture of the actual item so the watermark is an instant take care notice. If they can't be bothered to take a picture of the item or even hunt down a picture from google images or the like without a watermark is enough for me to take great care, more often than not avoid.

Many "collectors" sites, auction sites & sale sites use watermarks to deter such picture use so perhaps a good idea here as is is.

Would most users here not sign-in as a matter of course to access the forum etcetera?

Cheers :thumbup: .

Post subject: Re: Watermarks on LDDB Pictures really necessary
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2017, 02:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

je280 wrote:
rein-o wrote:

One sort of good thing about the watermarks are that on auction sites (ebay) you will often see LDs for sale with a grabbed picture from LDDb.com where the seller has not bothered to take a picture of the actual item so the watermark is an instant take care notice. If they can't be bothered to take a picture of the item or even hunt down a picture from google images or the like without a watermark is enough for me to take great care, more often than not avoid.

Many "collectors" sites, auction sites & sale sites use watermarks to deter such picture use so perhaps a good idea here as is is.

Would most users here not sign-in as a matter of course to access the forum etcetera?

Cheers :thumbup: .

A second ! Sums up very well ...........

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]