It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:38

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lds bids and offered
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 08:27 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I see a lot of lds here on lddb been offered in lowest prices than the bids they have.why is that? I guess bids represents the money that someone is willing to give for a certain title.then there is a seller selling even lower and the ld stays in shop forever rather than been bought by someone who made that bid.maybe the administrator should consider canceling this bids when there is an unsold ld for too long with price less than the actual bid.

Post subject: Re: Lds bids and offered
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 09:24 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Dear Giannis,
the answer is easy.
Those high bids are speculation driven. They thought a certain title was worth a lot in order to speculate with an even higher price.
But the market has changed and prices dropped dramatically. I have seen hundreds of titles which used to sell for 300/400/500 selling now for 5/10/20$.
Take away the speculation and start an auction with a starting price of 9.99. This way you would see how much every title is genuinely worth because only a few would pay top book prices if they knew they would never recoup the investment.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 13:48 
Serious fan
Serious fan

well thats half true
cause if i start an auction at 9 then possibly it will end up at a low price.reason is that you should count also that auction has limited time and not all people are sleeping infront of ebay

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 16:19 
Honest fan
Honest fan

If can put a reserve price to avoid the "potential" buyer misses it and put it for sale for weeks or months and at the end of this period you will know how much the title is really worth.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 16:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

giannis wrote:
I see a lot of lds here on lddb been offered in lowest prices than the bids they have.why is that? I guess bids represents the money that someone is willing to give for a certain title.then there is a seller selling even lower and the ld stays in shop forever rather than been bought by someone who made that bid.maybe the administrator should consider canceling this bids when there is an unsold ld for too long with price less than the actual bid.

I have seen that happen a few times indeed.

The bid guarantees that a new LD listed and matching price/condition will trigger a notification email, but if the buyer's end doesn't care about it, the bid will remain there since it doesn't create an automatic transaction.

Eventually account will be frozen (1 year) then deleted (around 1 year + 100 days) and the bid will disappear progressively.

The best I could do would be to remove bids from frozen accounts, would that make sense?

Julien

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 00:11 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Julien since you have a want list I guess bid should have some sort of commitment.i see lds with one owner having been put on want list from 7 users and when they appear for sale no one buys.thats ok but if you have a bid of let’s say 200 and someone sells for 150 and nothing happens I guess that’s a problem

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]