It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:00

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Sony 32XBR100?
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 00:45 
They've come up a few times around here and I've always begrudgingly passed them up. Too many reliability issues. I've never had one, so this is speculation, but it seems like too much of a Westernized Super Trinitron, i.e. too many bells and whistles. A couple I've seen have had cracked bezels as well -- perhaps another common issue to look for. If anyone has ever made the hobby choice to have a bare-bones Super Trinitron sent from overseas it would be interesting to hear the standpoint.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 15:43 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Well, I'd rather have one of these over a bare bones super trinitron because of the 3D comb filter, closed captioning and whatnot. Plus, all the reviews I've seen on this are nothing less than glowing.

I've had pro monitors before. Nice to have so long as you have a bunch of external video processors to help with the picture before feeding the picture to the monitor because they are pretty much WYSIWYG.

But at this point, it would only be a novelty since my current set is a Sony Super Fine Pitch Trinitron.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 19:48 
Yes I have a model KV-32XBR100 Feature box, 1996 April manufacture date

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 20:17 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

plmbmastr@me.com wrote:
Yes I have a model KV-32XBR100 Feature box, 1996 April manufacture date

How do Laserdiscs look it?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 05:43 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

elahrairrah wrote:
Well, I'd rather have one of these over a bare bones super trinitron because of the 3D comb filter, closed captioning and whatnot. Plus, all the reviews I've seen on this are nothing less than glowing.

I've had pro monitors before. Nice to have so long as you have a bunch of external video processors to help with the picture before feeding the picture to the monitor because they are pretty much WYSIWYG.

But at this point, it would only be a novelty since my current set is a Sony Super Fine Pitch Trinitron.

I have a Sony Super Fine Pitch Trinitron too. How do you think it compares to the pro monitors you've had before? I find my picture most-excellent with all sources.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 18:09 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

It's definitely an amazing CRT. Blu-rays, DVD, HD Cable, Laserdisc all look great on it.

Just not so great for VHS and Betamax, but can't really expect much out of that.

Do you have a 4:3 or 16:9 Super Fine Pitch Trinitron?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 06:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

elahrairrah wrote:
It's definitely an amazing CRT. Blu-rays, DVD, HD Cable, Laserdisc all look great on it.

Just not so great for VHS and Betamax, but can't really expect much out of that.

Do you have a 4:3 or 16:9 Super Fine Pitch Trinitron?

16:9, 36 inch, KVHR36 made in Japan version. Probably the best CRT ever released downunder. Got it mint for $100 on gumtree. The guy actually had two but I didn't have space to store it.

In the 3 years I've had it it's now been moved between 3 apartments, has suffered a cracked case on the base but picture is still A-OK (touch wood).

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 16:13 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

forper wrote:
16:9, 36 inch, KVHR36 made in Japan version. Probably the best CRT ever released downunder. Got it mint for $100 on gumtree. The guy actually had two but I didn't have space to store it.

In the 3 years I've had it it's now been moved between 3 apartments, has suffered a cracked case on the base but picture is still A-OK (touch wood).

Yeah, Trinitrons can take a licking to say the least.

The first TV I remember my family having was a 13" Trinitron with the dials on the front. We beat the crap out of that thing. One time it was dropped down the stairs, cracked the case but still worked just fine!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 06:50 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Working in the electronics industry in the late 90's, I got to see all the models side by side every year. I remember this set very well when it came out, mainly because of the price. Of course the picture was fantastic, but not any more so than any of the other late 90's xbr 2's and 3's or even xbrs. If you have any Sony xbr now you should be doing ok. I wouldn't kill yourself or spend any amount of money (ok maybe $50) acquiring this tv over some of the other excellent looking XBRs.

That was an awesome time when having a Sony XBR meant something and you could definitvely say you owned the best.

-Jeff

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2