It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:29

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-2070] Loop play error
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 09:48 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just received CLD-2070 it looked dusty but front panel lit up brightly tray open slowly but to close it I need to push the tray back and close front panel myself.
The player notice LD immediately but will take 10 second to read and start everything was going well until 2:50 mark the player will bounce right back 15-20 second leading up to 2:50 and will go on a loop like A-B repeat fast forward will not go past that 2:50 mark but when I use press side B to turn the laser I was be able go past the mark for two minutes and then it happen again.
This happened to all of my discs but with different time mark where occur some goes on for 6 minutes and then just stuck in 10 second loop while other take 40 seconds mark then it stuck in a 10 second loop and after few minutes some burnt plastic smell come out from the player but nothing else.
Is it the dust accumulation inside the player that caused the loop error or it's something else?
Again fast forward or chapter search can't go past the loop mark.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-2070] Loop play error
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 15:48 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Startup sounds normal, but loop I can't tell you why.
It could be a dirty laser, sounds like its been used and dusty.

Search up on how to clean the laser, be careful as you can damage the coils that make it go up and down.

Also try to select a chapter past, for example if the side has 10 chapters you can put the disc in, start and select chapter 5 before it starts to play.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 02:59 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
Startup sounds normal, but loop I can't tell you why.
It could be a dirty laser, sounds like its been used and dusty.

Search up on how to clean the laser, be careful as you can damage the coils that make it go up and down.

Also try to select a chapter past, for example if the side has 10 chapters you can put the disc in, start and select chapter 5 before it starts to play.

I can't do that really once the disc loaded it automatically plays and do a search sometimes it will play sometimes it jumped few minutes past and chapter skip doesn't work,all it does is just proceed to the same spot that loop occur it will not go past that loop.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 04:41 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I hope someone else can help, I don't know much about fixing but know when they are working they are great models.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 05:19 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
I hope someone else can help, I don't know much about fixing but know when they are working they are great models.

True,I'm impressed with the picture quality all of my stuff looked great on this machine.
Maybe my 55 inch Sony Bravia W850 have good comb filter my Doraemon LDs looked great and better than DVD version!
I just received PM so I'll try CD on it soon.
I just tried CD on it,it does play but only for two tracks third track will skips and bounce back to the end of second track and goes on a loop like LD.
The player also having a hard time letting go off my CD it hold onto my CD for like 3 minutes after I pressed open/eject!
But damn this thing gives out some amazing audio quality never heard my CD albums sound that good in my life.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 22:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If you put a LD in it and press side B to close the tray it is supposed to go to side B and start playing. If the laser pickup does not go to side B then you have something jamming the movement path. When playing the CD you should be able to skip to track 5 for example, it not either something is jamming the path or something in the gear track.

As for the CD sound, better power supplies in the older units sound better and multi bit DAC’s are warmer. Replace the decoupling capacitor with audiophile ones and it will sound even better.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 14:18 
Honest fan
Honest fan

krbahr wrote:
If you put a LD in it and press side B to close the tray it is supposed to go to side B and start playing. If the laser pickup does not go to side B then you have something jamming the movement path. When playing the CD you should be able to skip to track 5 for example, it not either something is jamming the path or something in the gear track.

As for the CD sound, better power supplies in the older units sound better and multi bit DAC’s are warmer. Replace the decoupling capacitor with audiophile ones and it will sound even better.

Well the side switch works fine it just a bit noisy and times it sound like dot matrix printer.
The only problems I have are that it stuck in a loop and laser will not go past that mark both LD and CD.
and optical out are acting weird some time it will not output CD audio some time it just send the audio to my subwoofer instead of the main speaker.
Here's the video I captured the play error.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 23:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If you fast forward past this part does it work fine? This can be something in the track preventing the small movements during playback, there can be a dead spot in the movement motor , or the tracking servo could need adjustment. If side B plays thru fine when you flip the disc over and play that same video on as the B side then something just may be in the valleys in the tracj teeth.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 02:21 
Honest fan
Honest fan

krbahr wrote:
If you fast forward past this part does it work fine? This can be something in the track preventing the small movements during playback, there can be a dead spot in the movement motor , or the tracking servo could need adjustment. If side B plays thru fine when you flip the disc over and play that same video on as the B side then something just may be in the valleys in the tracj teeth.

No,fast forward do nothing it will not go past the point of error.
Chapter skip will fail and only goes right up just before the point of error regardless of which chapter I choose.
Flip to side B and the same error will happen.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 02:21 
Honest fan
Honest fan

krbahr wrote:

No,fast forward do nothing it will not go past the point of error.
Chapter skip will fail and only goes right up just before the point of error regardless of which chapter I choose.
Flip to side B and the same error will happen.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 02:36 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Krbhar sounds spot on, seems like there is some type of flat spot or even something inside jamming it.

He is your best bet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a disc inside.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 05:42 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
Krbhar sounds spot on, seems like there is some type of flat spot or even something inside jamming it.

He is your best bet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a disc inside.

Yeah,I also think something's must've jam the laser from moving there was the audible clunk sound coming from the player when it hits the error mark.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]