It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:30

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Feedback - When to post a feedback ?
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2018, 16:28 
True fan
True fan

Hey Guys! I want to ask you about the following: Who do you think has to post the first feedback, the seller or the buyer ?
Like in the following scenario: Buyer pays for his order - the seller has the money, so everything went well for him - he can post a (feedback) as the terms of the buyers are fullfilled. Buyer - gets the Laserdisc - and can post a feedback after he got his stuff. But (!) isn´t it more wise (for a seller) to wait until he got a feedback (until the buyer received his goods) , meaning, that everything went smooth, and then post his feedback ? Just in case something went wrong ?
I am honest here, I like to give feedbacks, realy, I´m the sort of guy that likes to received and give (good) feedbacks, it´s something that is very important to me, after a deal went fine. And I enjoy reading good feedback, yes, I confess, I really enjoy that. So, what do you guys do, post feedback first, or wait until you got one first ?

Post subject: Re: Feedback - When to post a feedback ?
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2018, 19:32 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Buyer.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 09:02 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I leave feedback right after the payment is received - this is also what I do on eBay and other sites.
Like 10 years ago I did the "lets wait for the buyers feedback first game", which resulted in no feedbacks
were given at all in 90% of the sales. So I gave up on that idea again and do my thing.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 10:45 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Is it a bit like wondering who should ask who to dance first at the prom? Interesting observation lons.

Seeing this very post reminded me last night I hadn't left feedback for a purchase from exinferis/laserdisc addiction that had arrived well packaged and all safe earlier in the week (thank you!) so did that straight away. He'd already left feedback for me as had G&J rarities whose package just arrived today (not even opened yet!).

Looking at the feedbacks page also made me realise I'd forgotten to leave feedback for the last purchase before those back in December. Admittedly I can be a bit tardy with this but 6 months is a bit much! (Sorry to bram.kalman/music and more - all fixed now!) But then I saw the last two purchases before that around 15/8 & 29/8 that I'd left feedback but nothing from either seller.

I see how the feedbacks are important to show a history for both buyers and sellers that the person is genuine and reliable. But if I never get feedback from those two sellers I can live with it.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 15:54 
True fan
True fan

@audioboyz1973: I hope it doesn´t lookthat way that I made this thread because of our last transaction :-) It was a great one with perfect communication - I was just wondering why other people do not leave feedbacks. Maybe it´s just that, they are not that interested and are not as freaky as me...
I guess that lons_vex is right about the fact that some people don´t give fb and are more motivated when they get a feedback. Maybe that reminds them to give feedback ? Who knows...
At one point I was thinking feedback should be mandatory, but then again, there are enough exisiting rules and it´s a hobby.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 01:06 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Oh no, I definitely didn't take it negatively that way, but regardless it was a timely reminder!
Thanks again for the discs! Now I just have to remember to leave feedback for G&J!

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 13:39 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

lons_vex wrote:
I leave feedback right after the payment is received - this is also what I do on eBay and other sites.
Like 10 years ago I did the "lets wait for the buyers feedback first game", which resulted in no feedbacks
were given at all in 90% of the sales. So I gave up on that idea again and do my thing.

Leaving feedback right after a patron transfers funds is my practice as well.
They have completed their part of our agreement.

The only time I delay leaving feedback is if there is any nastiness or testiness during the initial encounter or if rudeness is displayed during the haggling dance.......

Fortunately only the case in a handful of tranactions out of hundreds...........

Great thread...

Cheers to the membership

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 10:42 
Site Admin
Site Admin

firehorse_44 wrote:
Leaving feedback right after a patron transfers funds is my practice as well.
They have completed their part of our agreement.

This is my policy as well.

Buyer has one thing to do -> pay
Seller has many things to do but in the end -> deliver

I post feedback when payment is received (as a seller) or when items are satisfactorily delivered (as a buyer).

No need to wait or play t*t for tat.

Julien

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 06:03 
True fan
True fan

On LDDB, I post feedback as soon as I get my money ($$$)… and for many transactions I don't get any feedback from the buyers.
They either don't care or don't know how LDDB feedback posting work, etc. If I want them, I have to run after after them and remind buyers to be kind enought to leave a feedback or at least let me know that everything went well with the delivery.
But… it's LDDB, our nice little cozy closed world, and it don't really matters that much for me.

On Ebay, I wait until the buyer leaves a feeback. And it kinda works. I also check the feedback page of the buyer. "Feedback left to others" is Always interesting, especially if it's empty… or if the last feedback is 3 years old… you know you won't get any, so why leave any ?
You also have the risk that the buyer wants to use the paypal complaint system and con you out of your money (never happends, but it's so easy for a buyer). I keep myself the right to "retaliate" with a negative feedback in such cases.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 09:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The seller can only leave positive feedback, or no feedback at all.
At least that are my options on ebay.de - I can not leave any negative feedback as a seller at all.
The PayPal complaint system is indeed problematic, and I try to avoid PayPal on eBay as good as
I can, only accepting it from foreign buyers on request and not offering it as a default payment method.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]