It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:52

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Techmoan's Muse LD YouTube video
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 12:37 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

If there is a Part III I really hope he gets his hands on a disc sourced from HD Video like Okinawa Underwater so he and everyone else can experience just how good it can look when not constrained by what are now pretty primitive film transfer techniques.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 14:32 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

If he chooses not to repair it, I can fully understand that as well. He did say you can find everything on blu-ray anyway, but didn't say anything about any of those BGV titles which leads me to believe he doesn't really care about those - so it's pretty unlikely he'll cover that Okinawa Underwater disc either.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 15:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

takeshi666 wrote:
If he chooses not to repair it, I can fully understand that as well. He did say you can find everything on blu-ray anyway, but didn't say anything about any of those BGV titles which leads me to believe he doesn't really care about those - so it's pretty unlikely he'll cover that Okinawa Underwater disc either.

When comparing the Muse LD to BD he does actually spend a little time pointing out the improvements in film transfer technology as being a factor in the difference beyond the format itself. As usual he seems to have done his research fairly well, someone with a naturally curious and inquisitive nature. Even though he doesn't talk about anything other than the film titles at any length I'd like to think that's only through a lack of having any to actually experience and comment on rather than a lack of interest.

I could understand that for such little return on the outlay he might decide just to cut his losses rather than try to fix the player. In that case I hope at least he'd sell the player for parts rather than it just ending up on the scrap heap.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 19:44 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

takeshi666 wrote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Techmoan is actually demoing this stuff. The Technology Connection videos left me wanting after he mentioned all the speciality LD stuff but didn't demo any of it. I still wanna see LD+G in action, too!

I have made many captures from LD+G on my website : https://www.journaldulapin.com/2017/01/19/ld-g-laserdisc/

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 21:49 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Fascinating. Especially the bit in Aladdin using Japanese captions to identify the Genie changing shape; kinda like when characters are introduced in anime with a caption. It probably makes more sense when he imitates a celebrity Japanese audiences might not necessarily recognize.

First time seeing CD+G in action (or rather, inaction), too!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 18:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I especially liked when he s**t his pants looking inside the X9 which is actually one of the better designed players from a service standpoint lol.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2